Thursday, February 19, 2009

A Family Day


Yesterday my family came to SLC and we went through the Draper Temple Open House. The temple was really pretty, but quite small. I was surprised. My Dad, Mom, Marcia, Tracy, Brennen and Ever came down to go through the temple. Brennen was a crack up. He kept saying we were going to G's house (he calls Jesus "G"). He was cracking us up. When we walked around the baptismal font he said "Big Tub Pa!" Then, when we went into the Celestial Room he looked up at the giant chandelier and said "BIG LIGHT!" He was so funny.

We had to take buses up the temple since there was no parking and on the way up they cram you into the buses so we had to stand up during the drive. Well, my dad was holding Brennen and he was holding onto one of those loops that hang from the ceiling. There was a cute old lady in front of us who turned to Brennen and said "wow, your hand is so strong (from holding on)." He looked at her and flexed his other arm (that wasn't hold on) and said "This arm strong too!". We all just laughed.

After we went through the temple we drove to La Frontera... a great Mexican Resturant here in SLC and ordered some dinner. While we were waiting for our food we were chowing down on some chips and salsa. Brennen kept dipping his chip in the hot sauce and we would all watch to see how long it would take him to grab a drink. Oh man! You should have been there. That kid's faces were hillarious! Tracy even convinced Brennen to take a bit of a lemon from one of our drinks and I've never laughed so hard in my life. Brennen about fell off his chair becuase the lemon was so sour. He face was so histerical! Tracy was making fun of him and saying it's not sour and then she would take a bit of the lemon. Brennen just looked at her like she was crazy and said "No, Tray that lemon is sour!".

Well, it was great fun to hang out with half the fam for the night and get a free dinner out of the deal. I always love hanging out with my family and it's even better when they come to me!

4 comments:

Chelsie said...

hey we went there yesterday too! i love the brennan quotes, ha, and that you got him to eat a lemon, oh i bet that face was awesome! hey did you ever get a chance to talk to les' cousin? if not that's fine, i was just wonderin if i need to start gathering from other people. thanks love

Megan said...

We went yesterday too (and not with my fam). Guess it was a day for way awesome people to go or something! I love your recaps too - wish you could record the whole thing. Sorry about not calling you and Marcia when I found out what I was having. It was crazy that day and onto the weekend and I never got around to it. No excuses, call me Chelsie, but I love ya. For sure we need to plan a get together now that soon everyone will be down this way except Marcia. Bwa ha ha. It was all part of my evil plan ;) Tell me what your coming weeks look like.

The Killer Bunch said...

I was sad I missed the event. Thanks for decorating my blog. It looks great.

The May Family said...

Hey Friend,

I was thinking about you today! How is everything? We are doing pretty good and everything is going well. I was thinking, doesn't Mike (Fallon's Mike) look like Sean Penn? I swear it's the spitting image. Anyway... Tell Les hi! Come visit me!