Monday, March 2, 2009

Movie Night and a Baby Shower


So on Friday night I headed up to my Grandma Lola's house for some of her world famous caramel popcorn and a movie night. All my sisters came over (except Marcia...who ditched us) and we watched a movie with my grandma and aunt Jilene.

We watched a Hallmark Movie Special about a Jewish girl whose husband dies and then she is forced to marry her husband's brother. The best part was, a it was a VHS of movie recorded off of my aunt's friend's TV. So it was a movie of a movie. The lady apparently recorded it on her DVR so we got to watch all the commercials in fast forward. To top it off my grandma's TV was not liking the VHS so we had major tracking problems thorughout the whole movie. It was a good laugh. My aunt Jilene just couldn't get over how "handsome" the guy in the movie was. Every time it showed his face she either sighed or make some comment. I asked her once if she wanted us to pause it and give her a minute....it was a fun night and we laughed alot.

Saturday morning Marcia, Tracy and I went to our friend Ashley's baby shower. She having a little girl on St. Patrick's Day. She's naming her little girl Kassidy. It was fun to see her big belly. Marcia made her the cutest bows and a little ribbin to hang all the bows on. I wish I would have taken a picture of it. I thought it was the cutest thing ever. If you have a little you need to get with Marcia. She is the master bow maker. She can make any kind of bow you want. Props to her.

Well, it was a fun weekend and it was great to spend it with my family. On a side note...tomorrow I have an interview with USN for admissions into pharmacy school. I'm super excited that I was invited to interview but a little nervous. I hope it goes well. Wish me luck. I'll let you know how it goes!

7 comments:

Jen said...

Good luck with your interview!

Jeff said...

Good luck Marie!! You'll do great. Check out SDN Forums for interview tips posted by people who have done it before you!! Link below....

http://more.studentdoctor.net/interviewlist.php?school=337

Ross said...

I love it. I bet it was a flash back to the nineties watching a movie like that. Awesome. Good luck with your interview - you will do great and keep us posted!

Chelsey said...

good good luck!!! hope you get in!

Sara said...

good luck Marie!!! <3

Vivian Fisher said...

I watched that movie on TV a few weeks ago and loved it! I'm a sucker for a good Hallmark Hall of Fame movie. Good luck with the interview!

Chelsie said...

i'm guessing that comment was really from megan not ross. How did the interview go?! i'm sure it went great...mmm as great as the caramel popcorn looks hopefully