Tuesday, June 16, 2009

My Husband's Child

So if any of you know my husband you know that his diet consists of meat and potatoes and any variation thereof...He does not eat fruit and does not eat veggies (except of course potatoes and corn) Well, I've come to conclude that I am indeed carrying his child. Every time I eat any type of fruit or veggie I literally am ill. At first I thought it was a coincidence but it indeed is not. If I eat an apple...sick. If I eat grapes...sick. pineapple....sick. lettuce....sick. tomatoes....sick etc. My diet has been limited to grains and meat. I loathe meat! Before I meet Les I was a vegetarian and now the only thing I can eat without getting ill is chicken and occasionally red meat.

This is very upsetting for me because I love fruit and veggies. I would eat them all day if I could. I'm sickened to think that my child is going to eat like my husband. It's a very boring diet and I run out of things to make for dinner very quickly. So I'm just hoping its a pregnancy thing and when Eden is born I can shove fruits and veggies down her throat and make her like them. To make matters worst I can't ever find anything to eat. I have no cravings and NOTHING sounds good to me. Usually I get to a point where I get sick from not eating and I force myself to eat toast or something to put the hunger pains at bay. This pregnancy stuff I exhausting!

4 comments:

The Wilson Family said...

Ahh give it another month or two and then you will be eating like a ravenous wolf, no kidding!! And just shove those brownies down and watch that belly grow!!

Megan said...

I know I am carrying Ross' child because I crave dairy like none other when I am pregnant. I like dairy, but I don't just sit down and drink a bunch of milk, but I can when I am pregnant. I usually eat more hamburgers too. Maybe we just lack protein and that is our body's way of telling us?! Fortunately, I can still eat fruits and veggies - which is good cause I love em' and Anna does too - hopefully this boy will follow suit and eventually Ross will eat them ;)

Carson and Shelly* said...

Oh your hubby is like mine. Carson actually is allergic to fresh fruits and veggies. It really sucks.
As for you just keep remembering that you are more than half way throught the pregnancy and soon you will be able to eat as many fruits and veggies as you want. I agree with Megan your body is probably telling you that it needs more protein. Maybe you could try fish, nuts or peanut butter.

The Killer Bunch said...

For once in my life my sweet tooth was dulled and I didn't want sweets for the majority of my pregnancy and then 3rd Trimester started and I ate all the sweets I could get my hands on to make up for it. Things change when you enter trimester three.