On Father's day we spent the morning at the cabin with Les's parent and then in the afternoon we headed to Ogden to see my Father. I'm totally awesome and make him THE COOLEST gift ever. He really wanted a helmet for Father's day and he wanted to buy it himself so he just wanted money from us kids. Well...me being the crafty person I am I decided to make him a helmet out of money! Here's what it looked like



Pretty sweet right?! I thought so myself. I really made it out of paper mache' old school style and then lined the inside with money so he could actually use the money. Everyone thought it was a real helmet...little did they know it was just another fabulous Marie Creation.


It even fit him pretty good. Man, my dad is lucky to have a daughter like me!

Marcia made this awesome dessert for Father's day too and since I couldn't eat it without getting sick I decided to take a picture of it instead to capture it's beauty.

Now, I don't know if you all know that my family participated in the Ragnar Relay this year. It's a team of 12 people that run over 188 miles from Logan to Park City. I totally was planning on running in the race with my family but my uterus had other plans so I become their biggest fan. And just to prove how much I supported them I made this awesome sign for them. Since it was a monsoon at the finish line I didn't get to hold my sign out for them to see, so they next day I had them take a picture with it...biggest fan?...I think I made my point.
Founder's Day:
Ahh Founder's Day...how I love the. Founder's day is my family's 4th of July so I headed up friday night and was ready to rock and roll the next day. I had to get up at 7am so I could support Natalie and Marcia who were running in the first ever founder's day 5k. I didn't have a sign but I was there at the finish line cheering them on.
After the race we went home and had some breakfast and then got ready for the parade. We found an awesome strip of sidewalk and plopped it down. We had a great technique and yelled "RIGHT HERE!" while we waved the little one's arms around. We made out with a butt load of candy. I kid you not. We scored. Here's the parade bracade.


Bennett was so cute picking up candy. He would waddle over to candy and pick up one at a time. Brennen on the other hand would pick up a piece of candy and insist on eating that piece of candy immediately. I was going to just take it easy and walk the parade from a chair being preggos and all but I found myself jumping up for the good candy and racing into the street to grab it before anyone else could. I just the parade just brought out the kid in me.

After the parade we cooled off at my mom's house and had a little pool party. It was such a nice day and FINALLY there was no rain.


We even busted out the popsicles....as you can tell Ever was LOVIN' that.

Here we are at the Salmon bake that night. I hate fish but I eat the salmon every year on Founder's day. I don't know what they put in it but it is mmm mmm good.

We even played some football while hanging out at the park eating salmon...good times!

So that pretty much sums up my June. It was jammed pack full of fun. I love hanging out with my family and spending time in Ogden. I look forward to June every year. I can't wait till next year when little Eden can be apart of all the festivies as well.
4 comments:
Mmmmm salmon - how can you hate it?! I love your technique of using the youngin's to get the candy. Smart girls you are. I am impressed, as per usual, of your helmet/craftiness. But more so I wish I would have been there to partake of the deliciousness that Marcia made. That looks tasty!
What fun! You have an awesome family and you are so crafty! I am impressed with that amazing helmet.
marie! you flippin rock!! i'm so impressed with all of your hutchison creations lately! once again, i compliment and hope to one day be invited...hint hint
Marie we need to talk I am worried about your self -esteem. You shouldn't be so hard on your self.
But seriously awesome. Lets get together I want to see that cute belly. If you even have one yet.
Post a Comment