Sunday, January 24, 2010

Hardware Ranch and 4 MONTHS OLD!

A few weeks back my family bundled up and headed to Logan to Hardware Ranch.  We took a sleigh ride to go see the elk. Ever couldn't be happier.  You'd think the child had won the lottery.  She couldn't stop smiling or laughing. She was so happy to be outside with her favorite people...which of course is my family.

Here is Eden all bundled up.  I kid you not that girl could barely move she was so bundled.  She didn't care much for the elk.  She just slept.  If I moved the blanket off her face she would grunt and then snuggle her face back into the blanket.  Maybe next year she'll actually look at the elk.

Here we are on the wagon driving around.  It was so fun to see the little kids get excited about the elk.  Bennett wouldn't stop talking.  We had no idea what he was saying but we could tell he was having a good time. Ever, on the other hand, was having the time of her life.  The wagon was really bumpy and so my dad was holding onto her to make sure she didn't fall over but a couple of times there he about lost her over the side.  Ever could have cared less.  She thought she was on a roller coaster ride and was loving every bounce and bump along the way.



























There were over 500 elk in this field.  Despite the lovely aroma, it was pretty fun to see the animals so up close.

On a completely different note, one morning I was trying to get ready for the day and I asked Les to watch Eden for a minute so I could get some stuff done.  Well, when I came out of the bedroom this is how I found them.















Eden is SO her father's child.  she is a TV junkie just like him.  I just started die laughing when I saw them.  She wouldn't even look at the camera because she was too involved with the football that was on the TV. 
Eden is getting so big and I've decided I'm totally one of those moms who is sad to see her baby grow. So lately I've been taken A TON of pictures.

Eden loves her bumbo.  The first time I put her in it she just kept smiling.  She feels so big to be sitting up and she just smiles at you like "look how big I am!"  It's adorable!

She is still working on the whole sitting up straight part though.  She tends to lean and sometimes it looks like she doing the hoola hoop but she LOVES her bumbo.

































Eden also loves her swing.  She hasn't quite figured out the jumping part yet but she loves to sit in it and twirl around.  I think she just likes feeling like she standing up all by herself.  Man, she's so stinking cute!





































My baby is 4 months old today.  Time is just flying by.  I am already dreading the coming August.  I really don't want to leave my baby and head back to school so I'm determined to have the best/busiest 8 months I can.  Here are some of the things Eden is doing:
*She loves to sit up in her bumbo
*She loves to grab anything within arms reach and immedately shove it in her mouth
*She is talking up a storm
*She thinks it hilarious when she has a stinky bum and I change it and tell her pee-eww.  She laughs and laughs when I make a face and tell her she's disgusting
*She loves to lay under her play mat and grab all the toys
*She can almost roll over...we are still working on this one
*She has definately entered "stranger danger" mood.  She doesn't want anyone to hold her except me (wtih of course the rare exception of Les...and that's only sometimes)

Eden and I had a little photo shoot the other day for her 4 month pictures.  I'm still trying to decide which ones I like the best....I'll let you decide.

















































Outfit change...


9 comments:

Chelle said...

I like the last picture! So cute. She has such pretty eyes!

The Wilson Family said...

I like the black outfit and the rug.. Very cute!! Cute headband;)

Megan said...

Man, she is one cute little girl! I love the picture of her all bundled up at the ranch - I mean come on! Look at those cheeks!

Danica said...

I like the 6th picture. She is such a doll!

Chelsie said...

oh i love her big smile and hearing about all the things she is doing now. she's getting so big and i have still yet to meet the little girl. if you're not opposed to her dating a younger man eh eh ha

ATH79 said...

She is so cute in ALL the pictues. I can't believe how big she is getting.

Whitney said...

OK seriously! She is adorable and I like all of those pictures! She looks so much like Les its hilarious! Miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

She is such a doll! I can't believe how much she's changed. I love all her super cute outfits and bows.

Jen said...

She is so cute! What a well dressed baby. I'm still in for lunch. I'll get back to you about a day this month.