I hate the winter, especially with a little one who needs to be kept entertained.We have been very creative on how to entertain Miss Eden. Les pulled out all her stacking blocks, I grabbed the plastic flute and Eden grabbed her drum and we had a little jam session the other night. Eden loved it and just kept giving Les and I lots of kisses. I think it was the first time the both of us just sat down and played with her together with our undivided attention and she was LOVIN' it. We plan to do it way more often.

Eden loves to help Les shovel the walk. When he goes outside, I think it's the only time she calls for "Da Da" and when she gets really upset, she bangs on the garage door and yells "Mmm Da Da" (translation: My Dada). I usually jump on this opportunity to let them spent some Daddy Daughter time, but it usually ends with a screaming child and some REALLY cold hands that need to be run under warm water cuz she felt into the snow and couldn't get up and dad was too busy shoveling to realize what happened until it's too late and she's DONE!


Have I mentioned that Eden loves to take a bath? Like literally, can't wait to get in the tub. As soon as we walk in the door from day care she starts to take off any clothes she can and makes a bee line for the bathroom. All the while screaming "BA! BA!" and signing bath (there's a lot of screaming at my house) . Yesterday we got home and Les was actually taking a bath (I don't ask) and Eden yelled at him. She marched into the bathroom, grabbed his hand and told him "OUT!". It was her bath time and he was NOT allowed. Once she manages to get her clothes off it's party time and she's in heaven.

She recently learned to do this in the tub and now I have to watch her EXTRA close. Sometimes she forgets to keep her head up and so she chokes on a mouth full of water, but she loves to splash by kicking her feet. It's way more effective. When it's time to get out...I usually have a fight on my hands. If I ask her "Eden, you ready to get out?" She shakes her head and says "No, No, No." Usually I have to drain the water and let her sit in protest for a couple of minutes until she's too cold not to get out....
Pretty much it's just the normal day to day stuff at the Rose household but Eden sure is getting big! Could she be any cuter?!

Love her face!






2 comments:
Oh Marie, she is too cute! I can't wait til Max is this age! I'm so sorry you lost all your pictures! I'm on my way to putting all of ours on our external hard drive. You can also post them to gmail I've heard. Oh, we are blessing Max on Feb 13 930 am at my parent's. Come on over! I'll tell the rest of your family but wanted to let ya know!
Umm Marie, she looks too grown up in the last picture! Where is the time going? More of it needs to be spent hanging out with me. Just sayin...
Glad this week was a better one for you!
Post a Comment