
This weekend Les and I went with our friends Johnny & Christy to the Zermatt Hotel in Midway. Our friends had a buy one room get a room free coupon and so it was just over night but it's this really fun hotel/resort. Everything there has a Switzerland feel. The workers are even decked out. I wish I had a picture of them but I don't. I think the first people to settle Midway were from there so its a big thing in that city. They even have Swiss days, anywho, the hotel was gorgeous. I thought I'd post some pictures.
Outside of the hotel rings the sounds of Switzerland. The music was very upbeat (lots of accordians) and if I knew how to do a traditional Switzerland dance I would have.
This is probably one of the nicer hotels that I've been to. They have everything. They have this really could Wellness Center that had a steam room that was so cool. It's like a grato (spelling?)
Here's a picture of their "relaxtion room". You can just go hang out and sit by the fire.
Here's a picture of our room. It was really nice EXCEPT that they put Les and I in an ajoining room (and not connected to our friends I might add). We could hear everything that was going on in the room next to ours. The door allowed every sound to get through and lucky us the people in that room had like 3 or 4 kids who yelled and screamed the whole time we were in our room. Then during the night I think I got woken up 5 or 6 times by a baby crying and the parents didn't seem to concerned they just let it cry. I timed it once and the baby cried constantly for 25 mins. Needless to say, I wasn't very relaxed after our weekend get away.
Sunday morning Les, Johnny & Christy went golfing while I just headed home. I'm not down with golfing (cuz i suck) and I didn't feel like hanging out in a golf cart all day in 90 degree weather. Overall, it was a fun weekend. I love getting together with our friends but I could have done without the screaming baby. I went to get away from children but they just seem to follow me wherever I go!





2 comments:
I love Midway! We go to swiss days every year...it's the only time I actually enjoy shopping! The resort looks SO nice!!! sorry about the baby!!
I too love Midway and Swiss Days...the Hutchison gals should make it an event like us Overmans...it's a blast. I don't know what is worse hearing kids cry in the middle of the night or if you were to hear them without the kids...wink, wink. That place looks fantastic. Is that a pic of you and Les in the wellness center ;)
Post a Comment