Monday, June 30, 2008

Why Blogging is Better Than Keeping a Journal


Hey out there!
For my Public Speaking Class (the coolest class ever) I have to give a persuasive speech and I've chosen to give it on why blogging is better than keeping a journal. If you could help me out by letting me know why you think blogging is better than writting in a journal I'd much appreciate it. Thanks!

7 comments:

Chelle said...

It's funner! I love to be able to document everything my family does with pictures! I'm sure you can glue pictures in a journal too, but it's just not the same. Also, I look at it as multi tasking. You can journal, scrapbook and keep in touch with friends with the click of a button! :) I know I'm a horrible journal keeper, but I really enjoy this whole blogging thing! Good luck with your paper!

Chelsie said...

I agree, I'm a much faster typer than I am a writer, plus it's so easy just to upload the pics and have them there tied to the story....and people don't comment on your journal entries....well miss marie doesn't comment on the blogs either...so I guess that doesn't apply :-)

Megan said...

I agree with what has been said. Easier to upload pics than print them off to add to the journal. You also can't add videos to a journal...It looks much cuter, I also get to stay in touch with people and blogger has spell check :) which means no more scribbles in the journal.

Danica said...

Blogging is easier to pick up where you left off. When I look at my journal, I just don't know where to start, but when I blog, I look at the last pictures posted and the ones I have taken since then and go from there. The pictures tell so much of the story and are so much easier than pasting them into your journal.

The Killer Bunch said...

Along with being able to attach pictures, blogging us interactive. You can get other's feedback and opinions. Plus with blogging others actually get to read it whereas a journal is hardly ever opened until after the person dies.

The Wilson Family said...

Do I just repeat what everyone has said? But they are all right. I don't write in journals and think I have always struggled with that but blogging has incentive. You're friends and family are going to look at it, so you want it to be fun and keep your loved ones in touch especially if they live out of town or state. Plus you just print out the blog and put it in a folder and there is your journal and you have it online!

Jaclyn said...

i hate to tell you but i agree with everyone else. plus it's fun to get comments and see who is keeping up on there blogs. hint hint to all those who aren't