
Brennen got the hang of the parade thing pretty quick...wave, jump up for the candy, and back down to repeat again. Marcia and I, being the geniuses that we are, sat down amongst adults with little Brennen so when everyone in the parade drove by and saw that sweet little boy waving frantically we were sure we'd get some candy and boy did we! Brennen made a steal of a deal in the first few minutes. We then started being selective about which candy we picked up. After about 25 minutes or so we were stocked up on candy and so we headed home to play in the water.

My mom bought this cute little pool for the boys to swim in and they had a blast. I'm going to try and upload a video from it cuz we all were laughing so hard. After a lot of swimming the boys got hungry so it was time to eat.

I wish everyone could have seen Brennen eating this sausage...the kid's mouth is HUGE! I couldn't believe the big bites he was taking but he loved it!

While we were waiting to go to the Samon Bake for dinner my dad decided to mow the lawn and so of course Brennen needed to be out there with him. After my dad's back got tired and his head was sore from Brennen hitting it Kurt when out and chased him around with the boys. They thought it was hillarious. It was pretty fun to watch from the kitchen as well.

After the Samon Bake the neighborhood got together for a little dessert (home made icecream...lots of flavors, chocolately goodness, and carmel popcorn) and to watch the fireworks. Apparently the neighborhood has these little block partys once a month and I've now decided to make it to as many as I can. A lot of the kids I grew up with come to these and it's great to get to see and talk to everyone. My cute friend Julie Russell came with her brand new baby and he is oh so cute! (but I forgot to take a picture) Anyway, I had a blast and we ended it all with an awesome fireworks show. Way to go Pleasant View!
4 comments:
Oh contraire (spelling?) I get an email everytime someone leaves a comment, so they don't go unnoticed and it's my connection with my dear friends, you being on the top of that list! So please comment away! I was also at the founders day festivities!!! I need to post pics...where were you guys sitting?? The fireworks were pretty good this year huh?! I was impressed...and I might need to adopt myself into your neighborhood so I can partake of this yumminess!
I look nasty in that picture, remind me to never make that face again. It was so fun to get together with your family! Love it. Good to see you again ree.
I know I say it all the time, but I thoroughly enjoy your family. I can't remember if I joined them 2 years ago for founders day or the 4th...either way it was a good time. We roasted apples..mmmmm.
I love your scrapbooking pages...I wish I had a sister who would do that stuff for me..I totally wangt to hang out with you guys when Marcia comes down so give me a call. I hope to see you guys soon!
Such cute pages! I love the video's! The boy's are getting so big!
Post a Comment