Wednesday, December 10, 2008

G-ma Lola

So last month my grandma (my dad's mom) turned 80! I've been waiting for Marcia to blog about it OR give me a copy of the pictures so I could, but I still I have to get them from her...so until I do I wanted to post a little something so you all will know how freaking awesome my grandma really is...pretty much, she's most of the reason why we Hutchisons are so cool...
My grandmas was born November 15, 1928. She was born in Alpine, UT. This is a picture with her and her mom
Her mom, Blanche lived on the same block her entire life...she grew up in one house and then she was little moved two houses down and then when she got married she moved around the corner. Craziness huh?!
My grandma married her high school sweetheart Melborne Whitby and they had three kids. When my aunt Jilene (the oldest) was 6 years old her dad got cancer and died, leaving my grandma with three small children. Luckily, shortly later a handsome man named Thomas R. Hutchison stole her heart and they got married. They had three kids together as well (including my dad who was the oldest of TR's kids) Then my grandpa Hutchison died from blood poisoning becasue the medication he was on (prilosec) depleted his immune system! He was delivering milk and it was windy and he fell and cut his knee on a storm drain. A few days later he said he wasn't feeling well and he died on Thanksgiving day, he went to lay down and he died in his sleep. So SAD!! He became a case study for the medicine and when my Aunt Lorie (his youngest) was in nursing school her instruction talked about my grandpa because she was one of the nurses who tried to save him.
I don't know how she survived all the heartache and pain from losing two husband not to far apart. Or how she found the will to continue living and raise 6 kids! To make matter worse, her son Derrell was murdered when he was a teenager. My grandma has been through more than any one person should. She's the strongest person I know and I am positive that's where a lot of the Hutchison stubbornness and strong wills come from...not to mention the lack of self control when it comes to sweets! She's absolutely the best example of Enduring to the End. There is no doubt whatsoever that this women has a room waiting for her in heaven. She's literally a saint and I'm so proud to say she's my grandma!
Happy Belated Birthday Grandma! For those of you in my family...I'm not exactly sure if I got the stories exactly right but I just wanted to give the jest of it.
Once I finally get the pictures of her awesome birthday we threw for her I'll be sure to post them...along with the halloween videos I've been promising...I know I'm a slacker.

2 comments:

The Wilson Family said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Chelsie said...

that is such a cool story! why have i not heard that before? what an amazing woman, an amazingly strong woman. happy birthday to her