Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A Day at the Park

This past week we have been running around like crazy.  I LOVE that the weather has warmed up cuz it means we get to go outside!  Eden loves it outside and wants to be out there any chance she gets. On Saturday we decided to go to my nephew Braxton's baseball game to cheer him on.  So we put on our park attire.
This is the first time Eden has worn shorts and I l.o.v.e. her fat little legs.  I just pinch them all day long.
It was sunny out so we grabbed our sun hat
It was also a little windy so I was teaching Eden how to hang on to her hat so it didn't fly away.
Here we are enjoying the nice spring day at the park.  Ahhh the fresh air! Cousin Brittan LOVES to hold Eden and he is her favorite. 
Whenever I don't have Eden, my lap is quickly taken by this kid! Little did we know our time at the park would be cut short soon after this picture was taken.

Well, the game we went to for Braxton was Herriman vs. Riverton, which is a big rival.  At the top of the 4th inning Braxton pitched a homerun and the Riverton team started FREAKING out. They were screaming and yelling and making a big to do.  No sweat Brax you'll get them next time.  Well, then Braxton's next pitch was homerun.  The kid ran around the bases yelling "you suck" and the whole team was hooting and hollering again.  So Chad (braxton's dad/coach) went out to pull him and Braxton told him he wanted one more pitch.  Well, he aimed right for the batters head (and fortunately missed), which caused an uproar from the Riverton team.  The Riverton coach started yelling at Braxton and so Chad told him that's what happens when your team acts that way.  Well, apparently the ump didn't like the way Chad was talking back to the Riverton coach and threw him out of the game.

Meanwhile, my husband is on the sidelines talking to the Riverton 3rd base coach about how he needed to get his team under control and tell them to act right otherwise there was going to be more pitches thrown at kids' heads.  Well, the 3rd base coach was really cool and told Les he didn't see what had happened and he was going to talk to his team...(fire extinguished)

THEN, the ump walked over to the sideline where Chad and Les were now standing talking about how Chad had been thrown out for no reason. The ump told Chad he had to leave the park.  He couldn't stay and watch the game.  This got Les ALL fired up again and so he started telling (he wasn't angry just matter-of-a-factly) the ump he needed to get the kids under control and make them stop taunting the other team.  The ump had a real short fuzz and told Les to be quite or he was going to get thrown out too.  Les told him he needed to do his job and get the Riverton kids under control.  "THAT'S IT YOUR OUT!" to which my husband replied "SUCK THIS!" (while grabbing his crotch...classy...I know...I adverted my eyes and played the "I dont' know this man standing next to me" card) The ump then blew a fuse and about climbed the fence screaming "YOU CAN'T TALK TO AN UMP LIKE THAT....WHO ARE YOU ROUTING FOR?! THEY ARE GOING TO FORFEIT....YOU BETTER GET OUTTA HERE NOW!"  without giving Les a chance to leave the ump forfeited the game.

This caused an uproar from the Herriman parents and made one of the Herriman players charge the ump (not a pretty sight).  The parents started yelling at Les to beat it and getting very upset.  We quickly packed our bags and left.  Not a proud wife moment...and a quick end to Eden's 1st baseball experience. 

Needless to say, Les and I had a LONG talk about how he's actions were VERY inappropriate, especially since he was surrounded by children.  Les felt horrible after we left and spent the rest of the day appologizing for his actions....oh my husband!

BESIDES that wonderful experience at the park we had a very fun day.  We went back home and took off our sun hat and hung out in the backyard.
please notice this is the shirt and bow I made for my beautiful daughter...(nicely done!) I have been very crafty lately and have busting out the crafts like nobody's buisness.  Here are a few things I've done.
I've recently nailed the bow making skills and I LOVE to make my baby some bows.
I came up with this design on my own.  I'm still not sure how I feel about them.

On another note, lately Eden has been loving on Bronson and he has been tolerant of her.  On Monday I was watching Bronson and he INSISTED he take a bath with Eden. 
They had a blast.  They splashed each other and played with toys while I cleaned the bathroom.  I would say it was a win win situation.  These two are going to be great friends!

9 comments:

Sara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sara said...

so how do you make those fabric flower bows? they are so dang cute! i love the fabric... i bought the same stuff just last week! so i guess great minds think alike!

The Wilson Family said...

I like the new design I will see them in person and then make my requests for the new and old babies!!

Shambray said...

I LOVE her sun hat. I also love the bows. You are so good.

Gage and Missy!! said...

I love the fabric bows how did you make the big flower ones! I might have to copy you now! Ha ha! Eden is ADORABLE by the way, she is so stinking cute!

Chelsey said...

Oh my.. that story about Les was awesome. It had my laughing out loud because I can picture exactly what he was doing. I pity the fool that tries to take Eden out on her first date. Poppa Bear is gonna have some mean claws showin.

Megan said...

That story is HILARIOUS! Oh my. I can't stop laughing.

Those bows are just as cute in person. I can't wait to see this diaper cake and the things you whip up. Thanks for letting us come over again. It was fun....minus my daughter being a meany face.

nikki said...

I would have to say that your story is quite a bit more embarrassing than mine. I have heard that Les can have quite the temper, but fortunately I have never been around to witness it! Oh, and I always clean my bathroom when I have kids in the bath! It's multi-tasking at it's best!

Chelsie said...

you are quite skilled!! i love all the new creations. oh heavens, that story is hilarious! i can picture it all now. yes we're still on for the aquarium on the 4th! i'm so excited to see you and finally meet miss eden!