Thursday, April 1, 2010

Party in a Box!

So in regards to my last post...the top secret stuff we were doing while I was up at my parent's for the weekend was getting things together for Natalie's big birthday surprise.  Since Natalie no longer lives in Utah and this was her first birthday away from home, we decided to do something special. Unbeknown to Natalie, I was in ca-hoots with her boyfriend in planning a big birthday surprise.  My family decided to send her a Party in a Box.  Basically it has everything she needed to throw herself a birthday bash...Hutchison style.
And what's a party without a theme?  Can you guess what the theme was?
Asain Delight...that's right. We even made her signs that said Happy Birthday in Chinese (totally my idea!)

I also came up with a briliant idea.  As you all know we Hutchisons love us some awesome birthday cake.  So I made Natalie a step by step guide on how we wanted her to make her birthday cake.

It was a sushi roll and it was awesome.
I put it all together in a booklet.  If you can't read the title page...here is what it says. "How to Make a FABULOUS Birthday Cake by the Hutchisons. A step by step informational guide on how to make your birthday cake. Follow Directions Exactly. DO NOT look ahead. Most importantly have Fun! We love you and miss you...ya I rock! 
I even provided her with all the ingredients she needed to successfully pull this cake off.
My mom got Natalie this awesome tea pot as a birthday gift.  So cool right?
We put the rest of her presents in these.  Man, we are so freaking cool...if I do say so myself. 
So we boxed all this stuff up and sent it to Natalie's boyfriend's house.  On her birthday he picked her up and took her to his house where he had put up all the decorations.  She was totally shocked.  She kept asking him if one of us was going to pop out of the closet. Pretty much it was the best birthday she has ever had.  Your Welcome!  Then to top it off....get a load of this...her boyfriend bought her a plot of land in Scotland!  So she would have the title of "Lady"....seriously.  I'm not kidding.  Natalie is now officially Natalie Hutchison Lady of Guenivere (I dont' know how to spell the name of the place)  Who buys someone land for their birthday?!  There is even paper work to prove it.  Well, of course Natalie loved it...
While were getting all this stuff together Bennett and Eden decided to have some fun. Bennett totally crawls in there by himself and Eden was L.O.V.I.N.G. it
 
Then Ever decided to join the fun.

On a completely different and unrelated note...the other day I was watching Bronson and he kept begging me to go outside.  He kept saying, "I go to baseball practice"  So we bundled up and headed out.  Eden looked adorable as always and so I HAD to get a couple shots of her.  Love this girl!
Her daddy was so proud!
The hat is still a little big, I know, but what's a girl without a bow?
I could just eat her up!

7 comments:

The Wilson Family said...

Ok so does anyone else notice how you took all the credit for what WE did?! I won't go into detail about who came up with what but come on....

Marie Rose said...

no no no my sister...I am only taking full credit for the awesome cake and writing happy birthday in chinese...I SAID WE!

Marie Rose said...

oh and i did come up with idea of involving Greg...

10zfam said...

you guys are amazing-what nice sisters you are. love it!

Megan said...

I am still waiting to be adopted into your family you know. Just think of all that I can bring to the table. I'm just sayin....

I don't know what is cooler though - all the party stuff or the friggin piece of land. Who does that? Natalie better know how awesome her birthday was!

And of course, you daughter is as cute as ever!

amy g said...

Ho-ly Crap! you guys know how to treat a gal on her birthday! All I did was send her a lame text on her birthday. I want that cake!!! So freakin cool Marie.

Have you guys met this man yet?? A piece of land in Scottland? wth?? who does that?

Anonymous said...

Wow, you guys definitely celebrate every holiday to the exreme! That is so fun... okay, but what are the ice cube trays and jello for? Do you put the jello in the trays? I am so curious. A piece of land in Scottland? What? I want to be an official lady! So, does it mean your a lady if you own land? Eden is a doll! I love all her hats and bows you put her in. Where do you buy her hats...or are you crafty and you make them? She is so sweet. She has an adorable smile. I'm really excited for my surprise. That is really nice of you! I am due July 18th. My parents moved though...don't know if you knew that. They still live in Pleasant View though. If you want there address let me know.