Friday, April 30, 2010

Um...this place rocks!

So I'm not one to preach or share my testimony very often but today was awesome.  I've had some awesome experiences in the temple that I won't go into at this time but just know...I know, this place rocks.

As some of you might not know Les and I having been looking for a house for some time now.  We found a house we really liked in Magna.  It was in a newer neighborhood, quite street, close the freeway (which meant closer to my parents...ya!) and close to Les' work. It was a short sale and we were the first to put on offer in on it.  The agent told us that unlike most short sales this house was going to go through really fast....so we were hopeful.  We wanted to get a house in time to qualify for the tax credit.  We put our offer in at the first of March hoping to hear something by the end of March.

Well, the end of March rolled around and he hadn't hear anything.  Each week the agent would call and tell us the bank needed some other document and it was going to 7-10 days before we heard something.  Well, we heard this exact thing for about 7 weeks.  With the end of April rapidly approaching Les and I started looking for another house and we found one we could "live with" in Kearns.  It wasn't the best neighborhood but the house was nice and we could make it work.  We put an offer in and heard back right away.  We went "under contract" on this house and started moving foward hoping we'd hear something back from the Magna house in time to get the tax credit...but so far nothing.

Today was the last day to qualify for the tax credit and you needed to be "under contract" by the end of the day to qualify.  This morning we woke up checked our email to see if there was any word....nothing.  Les and I talked about how we liked the Kearns house okay and we could do a lot to it and make it work while I finished up pharmacy school.  We were pretty bummed we never heard anything from the Magna house, cuz it had everything we wanted but we started coming to terms with the news and started talking about all the things we would do the Kearns house.  I had a pretty busy day so I kissed Les goodbye and headed for swim lessons.

After swim lesson Eden and I went to Aunt Jilene's house for a play day.  Marcia and Tracy meet us there with Brennen and Ever.  The kiddies had a fun afternoon planned with the aunts (except the weather foiled the orginal plans...booo)  and Marcia and I headed to the temple to do a session.  We didn't make in time for the 12:00 session so we decided to initiatories instead.  I haven't done initiatories since I did it for myself the first time I went through.  It was great to do them again and remember all the things I had forgotten and it was nice to spend some time at the temple.  I don't think I've gone since Eden was born.  We left the temple, cups filled, and headed to save the aunts (without another thought of the house situation). 

On my way to work I got a phone call from my husband that went something like this...
Me: what's up?
Les (VERY excited...I'd say almost giddie): WE GOT THE HOUSE!
Me: I know...(a little confused...)
Les: No...we got the MAGNA house!
Me: Are you lying to me?!  I have to go...I need to call Julie (my SIL and real estate agent)
Les: shut up
Me: You know why we got this house?
Les: why?
Me: Cuz I went to the temple today.
Les: You think?
Me: Uh...ya!  I prayed extra hard
Les: um...

I don't know if he believed it or not but I sure do.  How is it that I after not hearing a word for weeks I just so happen to go to the temple today and we heard something...in the 5th hour, just in the knick of time to qualify for the tax credit?  Coincidence? I think not!

8 comments:

The Wilson Family said...

Good things happen when you do the Lord's work! Now if he would make my baby an angel I would appreciate it.

10zfam said...

congrats! the Lord's power is amazing

Sara said...

thats great marie! congrats!

Ulrich Family said...

Yeah Marie. Its so great to hear you talk like this. The temple does Rock..This whole gospel rocks. Congrats on the house.

Shambray said...

Congrats! What an amazing story. I feel like things just fall in place when I got there too! Congrats again. That is so exciting!

Gage and Missy!! said...

That is AWESOME! I can't believe that happened! That is totally awesome! Congratulations!

Megan said...

Yay! That is so awesome. I love Marcia's comment. Haha. I wish her luck with that too.

I hope that everything from here on out goes more smoothly than the beginning. The tax credit is total bonus though right? Gotta love $8,000. Booya!

Chelle said...

I agree with Marcia. The Temple brings blessings!! For sure!!! Glad you got a house. Post pics of it soon!