Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter

Easter was very fun...I, however, was very lazy and didn't take very many pictures.  We headed up to Ogden on Saturday for Easter with my parents.  My mom is so lovely that she gives all the grandkids their Easter baskets so I didn't have to do one...go me! 
Here's Bennett trying to figrure out how to open his basket and get to the goods
"holy crap! There's so much here!"
As per Judy...my daughter got spoiled. 
there was way too much going on for her to concentrate.  She wanted to watch everyone else open their easter baskets.
I couldn't open the Gerber bites fast enough...
then she wasn't so sure about them once I gave her one.
My mom got Brennen and Bennett the dragons for How to Train a Dragon.  Brennen was stoked!
Bennett hadn't seen the movie yet but he was still excited about his "dinosaur"
Brennen spend the rest of the day dragon fighting with my dad and Bennett.

Well since it was Easter that mean the annual egg hunt!  This year did not disappoint.  When Les and I were pulling up to my parents house my dad was scaling up the side of the house (note...my father is 50!)  Well, I pulled up thinking..."what the heck is my dad doing climbing up the side of the house..." Then I remembered the "golden eggs".  Five bucks each.  Score!  So you better believe I got that egg.  I don't have any pictures of the egg hunt because...well I was too busy hunting eggs down.  Les and I made out with 26 dollars.  I even have battle wounds to prove it.
You can't really see but my whole arm is scraped up.  Tracy and I were battling over an egg and it involved a lot of pushing and pulling against some brick...I don't even remembered how ended up with the egg.  Either way it was fun...love it!

Sunday was way more low key.  I spent the day watching conference and hanging out in the pjs.  My parents came down and watched the second half with me but I didn't take one single picture that day. Sheila came over during the break and of course spoiled Eden with a walker and a leap frog play table but I will have to get pictures of her in them for another post. 

On a completely different Miss Eden loves Dixie.  She squeals everytime she sees her.  Dixie is still not so sure about Eden.  I will say, however, she is much more tolerant of Eden than most kids.  I think this friendship will eventually come around.
My two favorite girls!

4 comments:

The Wilson Family said...

Very cute, but you forgot to mention the reason behind your scrapped up arm. GREED Marie greed, and you forgot the part when Christy bent her 9 month pregnant self over to get an egg and your hubby swooped in and stole it!! What kind of family do we belong too? ;)

Megan said...

I will tell you Marcia - a family just like the Overman's. That is how our egg hunt rolls too and I wouldn't have it any other way. lol. LOVE IT!

Chelsie said...

haha, maybe we should battle hutchisons against overmans...i love it. the party in the box...flippin awesome!! you guys are amazing. so i really want to go to the living planet aquarium...could we plan that one?

Whitney said...

Your baby is so cute!! I think she looks like the girl version of Les! Also, the party in a box was a great idea. Having a bday away from your fam sucks!! Trust me.