So this weekend, rather than studying (like I should have been) I went to Ogden to a) drop of my daughter for a week and b) celebrate Brennen's and Bennett's birthdays. Well, we do what we do and we had ourselves a right nice time. Here are some of the highlights...
My daughter had her first major spill. She was crawling in the backyard and missed putting her hand down on the grass and so she face planted it onto the edge of the concrete. This was the result...
a nice new shiner
At first I was a little concerned but after she stopped screaming at me for letting it happen we were back to our happy little selves...plus we had a nice new battle wound to brag about. The next day was Eden's first day of daycare. We were up earlier than both of us have ever been in a while. Bright and early at 6am. I was a little concerned about what the daycare lady was going to think of Eden's new souvenir...
Luckily, the shiner wasn't so bad as it was the day before so off we were to daycare. It's a work in progress. Apparently, my daughter cries all day long. It breaks my heart that I can't watch her all day, but I think this will be good for both of us (granted she gets used to not being held all the time). After a week of daycare we headed to Ogden.
We spent a lot of time outside.
Eden LOVES it outside. Ever took it upon her to show her a good time
Yes, my daughter is in pjs. We went to Wal-mart to get gifts for Brennen and Bennett and she saw some Minnie Mouse pjs and wouldn't let them go for the life of her. They were only $5 so I caved and bought them for her. As soon as we got home she literally tired to take off her clothes so she could put them on.
Here she is pointing to all the Minnies on her pants. She was in love.
So we had a Transformer/Thomas the Train party. Brennen and Bennett were in heaven. We showed them how to celebrate Hutchison style...
It's all about the presentation....
Here's one of the happy birthday boys....
Eden wanted to join in on the festivities
Brennen was so excited about this cake. We had this conversation...
Bren: Why is bumblebee trapped?
Me: I dunno, maybe...
Bren: Oh I know! Megatron put him there!
Me: exactly
Bren: and Optimus is going to save him but his feet got stuck on that big mountain...
Me: What should we do?
Bren: Well, I better save them both!
Me: Ya, you better.
Brennen kept telling my mom...."I really want to cut that Transformer cake!" He could not contain himself.
Here are the birthday boys! (not so stoked about the hats)
Brennen saving Optimus and Bumblebee
Eden LOVED the cake....
She made a HUGE mess. I was laughing my head off. She couldn't get enough. It was a preview of her birthday to come and I'm SOOOO excited.
After the cake Tracy and I had ourselves an intense game of volleyball against Kurt and Robert. We lost but I would have to say we put up a good fight and I'm so sore today to prove it! Once the party died down we got the kids ready for bed which included brushing our teeth on grandma and pa's bed
Monday I left my baby to the care of my mom for a whole week. My daycare lady went on vacation for two weeks and since I can't miss school my mom offered to take her...isn't that sweet. Well, this is the first time I've been away from her and it's super hard. I would much rather be a mom than a student. This is the sweet face I had to leave yesterday...
maybe it will be good to have a mini mommy vacation....
2 comments:
cant believe she is going to be a year old! Time flies!
Good Luck with school!
I love that you bought her those pj's. You are so nice. Brennan's face in the hat picture is HILARIOUS. I can't stop laughing.
Post a Comment