Saturday, September 25, 2010

O-N-E

So it happened....whether I liked it or not my little girl turned ONE!
So I packed away my denial and set out to have the best party ever!  My husband called me "crazy", "narotic" and "out of your mind".  I, however, condsidered it none of those.  It was sheer AWESOMENESS!

I dressed the house to the nines
I put my craftiness to the test and made polka dot inspired cupcakes.  It took a few go-arounds but it was all for my baby and so totally worth it.
The night before her big party and on her acutal birthday Les and I had her open a present with just us.  It was very funny.  She was very excited about the wrapping paper.  She peeled the paper off piece by piece and handed it to Les to throw away.  It probably took like 15 mintues to open the one gift but we knew that she would have lots of help (a.k.a. Ever) tomorrow so we let her take her time.


You all know we love ourselves a theme and POLKA DOTS were a must!
I got a little (but only a little) out of hand and I made Les and I shirts for the big day.  Personally, I thought they were a fun touch...Les called them "gay" but what does he know.... Miss Clovi even dressed up and Christy Bennett got creative as well. 
Eden was super spoiled with gifts.  I think I may even take some and keep them until christmas!
I think Eden was a little overwhelmed when it came to opening the gifts.  She didn't do much but sit there and watch Ever open them for her.




The party was right during Eden's nap time and so she wasn't as excited as I thought she would be, but she was trying to have a good time...
When she started taking a turn for the worst I busted out the cake and tried to hop her up on a sugar high...I think it did the trick

When her sugar high was at its peak she decided to chase Bennett around and bite him.  I thought it was h.i.l.a.r.i.o.u.s...Bennett wasn't so sure he was having fun.
Well, I had a blast and I think that Eden did to.  It's absoultely absurd to think that just a year ago I had a little baby and became a mamma.  I LOVE being a mom more than anything in the world.  My life feels so complete with Eden in it.  I couldn't imagine my life without her. I'm sad that my baby isn't such a baby anymore but I'm excited for her to start exploring her world. 

Eden is crawling like a champ and talking up a storm.  She is constantly talking her munckin talk but she looks at me like I should understand every word that she says.  She makes me laugh every single day and I can't wait to watch her grow...

Eden mommy loves you more than you know.  We are so lucky to have such a sweet little girl in our home.  Happy Birthday!  Love you MILLIONS!
Luv, Mom

4 comments:

The Herren's said...

Looks like you all had a fun time! And of course you have to go all out, it's her first birthday after all. :)

Katie said...

Great shin-dig! I love the family tshirts-REPRESENT SISTA! Happy Birthday Eden!

Megan said...

Can I tell you how bad I feel for missing it AND not telling you I would miss it? As soon as we got the invite Anna took it. She was so excited and carried it around for 2 days straight telling me about it. Then she lost it and with that apparently lost my mind and forgot about it. When the invitation resurfaced the other day she was so happy to have it back. And then I remembered and I was not so happy.

On a better note. The party looks awesome! I love your narration of it all. (aka Ever and Les calling the shirts gay, were some of my faves). Happy Birthday Eden!

Allison said...

I cant get over those minnie jammies they are soo Cute! Very impressive party too! I saw your message on facebook. We dont know about coming to Utah for Christmas yet. But we will be moving back in May if all goes according to plan. we all should have got together when i was there. I should have made a better effort. We were going crazy trying to get everything in and seeing all our family as it was but that is still a bad excuse....