Today my mom went to get her haircut and slipped on the ice and broke her arm. She slipped on the way into Amie's house (our stylist) and landed on her right side. She was all by herself and had to hobble to the door to call my dad. Well, while she was waiting for my dad to come pick her up she insisted that Amie still give her a haircut. She couldn't move her right arm and she was in a ton of pain but she wanted that haircut! My dad took her to the InstaCare and by looking at her X-rays they told my mom and dad they needed to go to the ER to get it looked at. Once they got the hospital the specialist told my parents that my mom needed surgery right away! So my poor little mom had surgery on her arm and she is spending the night at the hospital.

She broke her ulna right by her elbow. Because the break was so close the elbow they had to put two screws in her arm.
Apparently my mom is a little firecracker. My parent's wonderful neighbor Dan Barrett came over to give my mom a blessing right before she went to the hospital and when they placed the oil on my mom's head she was all "I just got my hair washed!" Then when she asked the doctor how long the surgery was going to take, the doctor told her an hour and she was like "An hour?!" My dad said "You are going to be unconcious!" This was the first time my mom has ever been in the hospital besides having kids and she wasn't too pleased. She claimed she had way much to do and this was wasting her time.
2 comments:
Oh Judy, Judy, Judy! How your mom cracks me up! I love that that she wasn't going to waste time and NOT get that hair cut. I hope that everything goes okay with her recovery and such - that is no fun. And whenever I think of your mom, I think of "HamBURGer." Oh, good times. Call me if you need anything Judy!
Ah Judy makes me giggle. I bet she was the best looking one at the hospital!
Post a Comment