I took him to the doctor today and he weighed 11 lbs. 4 oz. He is not even on the scale when it comes to his growth percentile. Apparently, they have a special scale for very low weight premies that they go off of but Bronson doesn't even hit the scale. Which I find very hillarious! He doesn't even make it into the 1%.
About a week ago Bronson went to his 9 month check up at Primary's Children Hospital where he meet with all the neonatal specialist. Because he was born so early and only weighed a pound he gets to go to these special visits for free! He meet with a nutionist, cardiologist, optimologist, and a lady who checks his developmental skills (I don't know her official title). Well, everyone gave him raving reviews and couldn't believe how good he's doing. When Julie left the hosptial after he was born they told her to count on him coming back to the hospital one more time during the winter but so far so good. No hosptial visits for him.
The only thing the doctors said was that he'll probably need glasses when he starts to crawl or walk. When he was in the hospital he was on a lot of oxygen and it could have damaged his eyes. At first they thought he was going to be blind but thankfully he can see...they just aren't sure how well he can see far away. So his eyes are going to be his last big obsticle but we are all crossing our fingers! Either way I think he's adorable and having glasses is just going to make him cuter! I love little kids when they have glasses!!!

This is a picture of Bronson with his little bear. That bear was his incubator buddy in the hospital and at that time it was his same size. Look at him now...so big!

Here's a picture of him with his big bear. He likes to cuddle with this bear when I lay him down in his crib. It gives him something to hold onto and if I do it just right he sleeps for hours cuz he thinks he's hold onto me.

Here are some pictures of him in the bath. He loves his ducky bath. If you squeeze on the beak it say "quack quack" and Bronson gets a kick out of that.
I kept trying to pour water on him with this cup but he kept ripping it out of my hands. I guess it was way more fun to play with than his bath toys.
So I know you are all thinking I'm crazy but since I don't have a kid of my own I have temporarily adopted Bronson as my own and since I'm with him all day I don't think he minds either. He loves Auntie Marie!!
So I know you are all thinking I'm crazy but since I don't have a kid of my own I have temporarily adopted Bronson as my own and since I'm with him all day I don't think he minds either. He loves Auntie Marie!!

3 comments:
that bath rocks, I wish all kids had a mom like Julie. They would get way cool stuff!!
That bath is sweet! I've never seen anything like that. That's awesome he is doing so well, he is SO cute. And no worries...Coop was only a couple days early and I am PRETTY sure he will have to have glasses too, given his parents eye sight...so they can be little buddies.
Bronson is so luck y to have an Aunt/Mommy like you! I think he looks bigger than a one month old, but pictures may be deceiving. Good to know he is doing so well.
Post a Comment