Saturday, February 2, 2008

A Page Turner


So lately I've been listening to this series of books on tape. It's the Tennis Shoes Amoung the Nephites Book Series. They are really good books. It's about this family who travels through a magical cave and journeys back to Book of Mormon times. The author, Chris Heimerdinger, does a really great job bringing the stories of the Book of Mormon to life. Of course, the books are fiction but he has done a lot of research and incorporates doctrine into the books. The books give you a desire to re-read the Book of Mormon and they paint a picture for the things you are reading. It gives you a different perspective on the events that transpired. I totally recommend these books to anyone. My family loves these books. I listen to them in my car instead of listening to the radio and I'm totally addicted. The author is the one who narrates the books on tape and he does an awesome job. He really brings the books to life. There are 10 books in the series so far and I think the last book is suppose to come out this year. They will suck you in and you won't be able to put them down. Plus, you won't feel guilty for reading them because they are really uplifting books. So if you haven't already read them I suggest you do it!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Marcia suggested these books to me many moons ago. I too have read them and I think they helped me understand the scriptures a little better, maybe because I have the intellect of a 5 year old so the stories are a little more on my level. Oh well, what ya going to do?

Chelsie said...

I think I started to read this books right after we graduated and then became consumed with return missionaries instead....same lines right? I should read them though now...ok...once I finish Harry Potter...and twilight...man what am I doing on the computer...I should be reading!