So this past weekend was a busy one. On Saturday my sister and I completed the Ogden Valley Triathlon. I wasn't sure I was going to survive after the open water swim but I did and I'm totally proud of myself. The race broke down as follows:
1000 meter swim (in the disgusting PineView Dam)
15.2 mile Bike (around the whole dam)
4 mile Run
I completed the race in 1 hr and 58 mins. My goal was 3 hrs and so I was way surprised I did it so fast. I came in 17th in my age group which was 20-24 so I was one of the oldest people in that age group.
For the race you had to have your age marked on your right calf which I thought was weird but as the race went along I found that very helpful. I was able to see how old the person in front of me was which gave me some motovation. If the person in front of me was 40 I HAD to pass them. I have way too much pride. I was super stoked during the running when I passed a 15 yr old. I felt pretty awesome.
Anyway, the triathlon was really fun. I hated the swim but I made it through. I'm still not sure if I'd do another open water swim one but I'm glad I did at least one. After the race we headed to my mom's to celebrate my nephew Bennett's 1st birthday. I was lots of fun and we all had a good time.
Sorry for no pictures but my HUSBAND missed the race. He thought he had more time to get to Ogden but since I got done way faster than I thought he missed the whole thing! So I'll try and gather some pictures from my sisters and be sure to post them.
1000 meter swim (in the disgusting PineView Dam)
15.2 mile Bike (around the whole dam)
4 mile Run
I completed the race in 1 hr and 58 mins. My goal was 3 hrs and so I was way surprised I did it so fast. I came in 17th in my age group which was 20-24 so I was one of the oldest people in that age group.
For the race you had to have your age marked on your right calf which I thought was weird but as the race went along I found that very helpful. I was able to see how old the person in front of me was which gave me some motovation. If the person in front of me was 40 I HAD to pass them. I have way too much pride. I was super stoked during the running when I passed a 15 yr old. I felt pretty awesome.
Anyway, the triathlon was really fun. I hated the swim but I made it through. I'm still not sure if I'd do another open water swim one but I'm glad I did at least one. After the race we headed to my mom's to celebrate my nephew Bennett's 1st birthday. I was lots of fun and we all had a good time.
Sorry for no pictures but my HUSBAND missed the race. He thought he had more time to get to Ogden but since I got done way faster than I thought he missed the whole thing! So I'll try and gather some pictures from my sisters and be sure to post them.
3 comments:
marie that's awesome! i'm impressed with you!! i love the new halloween background...so cute
Congratulations! I hope now you are addicted and we can do one together - perhaps another St. George one and our husbands can stay home cause what are they good for anyway?! ;)
I don't think some people understand how different swimming in open water can be. After swimming in Bear Lake, even though it was clear an beautiful, I would rather do a triathlon on Pine View. Congrats again girl!
Wow! You go girl! You have to be pretty tough to finish a triathlon.
Post a Comment