Monday, November 9, 2009

More Blessing Pictures

My brother-in-law came up to the cabin this weekend and downloaded all the pictures he took of Eden.  They turned out great.  He is still trying to figure out photoshop so some of these need a little touch up but I think he did a great job.  I have photoshop on my computer and I am trying to figure it out as well, but here are some of my favorite pictures from that day. Oh, I know a couple of people wanted to know where I got her dress.  Well, my wonderful mother bought it for me from Quilted Bear.  Man, I love that place.  It has so many cute things. I can't go in there because I end up spending money which I don't have but anway, that's where she got it.



On a completely different note...on Saturday I went to Barnes and Noble and bought some books to read since I find myself having a lot of time on my hands.  One of the books was Babywise.  Well, I am trying to implement it this week and boy is it rough.  I don't think I want to be too hardcore but I do want to get Eden on a routine and get her sleeping through the night.  We are only on day 1 and there has been a lot of crying for both of us.  My question is this...is it normal for your baby not to nap the full 1 1/2 - 2 hr naps after wake time?  Eden will cry for a good 20 mintues before falling alseep but only sleeps for about an hour before she is awake agin.  She then is a awake for about 45 minutes before she hungry again.  Is this normal?  Any help would be great.  We were already on a 3 hour schedule before I bought this book but I wasn't doing wake time or nap time very well so that's why I wanted to give this a try.  I know it's going to be a little different since I started late but I would love any advice from your babywise moms.  Thanks!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marie, she is so perfect. My mom was sick that day, but my dad said she is a doll and that the blessing was wonderful. As far as advice... the best advice I can give you is to not worry about the books too much. No baby is the same. I remember reading books and then trying to implement the techniques on Crew. I was bawling, he was bawling, I was a complete mess. The best advice I ever received was from my dad. He told me to "put the stupid books down." He told me that moms are given the ability to read their children and know what is best for them. Remember that what was best for the babywise lady isn't what is necesarily best for Eden. I found myself being so frustrated because my baby wasn't a "textbook" baby. Crew would only sleep during the day and for an hour here, 30 mins here. Then night would come and he was wide awake. I was such a wreck for the first 6-7 weeks. I didn't know what to do. They best things that helped me were getting down on my knees and praying to Heavenly Father for help and then trying to be patient and watch for what was best for Crew. Don't get too stressed out about what they books say. They have some great tips, but no two babies are the same. Please let me know if you have any questions ever. You are such a cute mommy and Eden is so sweet!

Whitney said...

Marie, Eden is beautiful! I think she looks like Les. I love that you painted her toe nails. Send me an email sometime! Are you guys living in the cabin now?

Megan said...

So I had a friend suggest Babywise when I had Annabelle and she was a stinker when it came to sleeping. I liked the book and I implemented what it said. The only problem was I did exactly what it said. I think it made her more ornery because I would wake her up when it was time to feed instead of letting her wake up on her own. However, she was sleeping through the night by two months, which was heaven sent.

I really liked 'Secrets of the Baby Whisperer'. It is similar to Babywise, because you still have eat, wake, sleep routine, but it is not so strict. With Evan I did the eat, wake, sleep routine from the day he was born. There are days when he doesn't get it though because I have been hauling him all over, but that is how it goes because I can't sit in my house all day every day. lol. But if I would have been following Babywise I would have been waking him to up to feed him a lot when we was younger. I was reading it again this time around and it kept telling me that I HAD to feed him 7 times a day or he would not be getting enough to eat. Well, Evan only ever ate 6 times during the day and I don't know if you remember, but my son is huge. lol. I don't care what that book said, he did not need another feeding.

So anyway, this is a long rant, but my point is to take concepts from books you like, try them and see what works. But don't stress yourself out about them. Each baby is different. Just find what works for you both. Good luck!

Oh and by the way. The rest of the blessing pictures turned out super cute. I love her chubby cheeks in the first one!

Jen said...

Marie, she is so beautiful! I agree with your other commenters. I am a firm believer about babies sleeping in their beds and even crying it out sometimes but Babywise was a little too strict for me. I didn't really need it with Luke, but I was desparate for help with Seth. The book said that any baby could be trained, but I say B.S.! It did not work, and it made my frustration worse. He was a horrible sleeper until almost a year and is still my hardest at night. I think the whole eat, wake, sleep thing is great, but I think the exact timing/number of feedings is a little much. Despite what they say, your baby's temperament does play a role. Ian sleeps like a charm, and I've mothered them all the same. And the part about waking your baby up in the morning to establish a wake up time! Seriously? I now believe that waking up a sleeping baby is almost always a big mistake! That's my two cents. I believe in schedules and putting babies down awake, but also being a bit flexible and going with your gut. If she is only waking up once at night it sounds like she's doing great...daytime nap routines take longer. Good luck! Sorry, longest comment in history.

Chelsie said...

i love all the blessing pictures. she really is so so cute!! I agree with Megan, but that could also be because I go to her with all my questions. I figure she has read and knows a lot more than I have, plus she is good at giving you advice without telling you what to do (something I hate), so she is my go to gal. love ya ove

Danica said...

All I have to say is you look great! Eden looks cute too, but you look great.

Allison said...

Maybe I am a bad mom, but I have just let Cohen tell me when he is hungry, tired etc. I follow his queues. I am not strong enough to let him cry. He fell into his own routine. It is not perfect,but he sleeps well at night. Don't stress yourself out too much about it. All the "experts" disagree about most that stuff anyway. You know whats best do what works.