Friday, July 16, 2010

Party Central

The last couple of weeks have been party central for us.  Last weekend Les' uncle invited us over to play some basketball.  Well, Les doesn't play basketball, but we went over anyway to hang out with the gang. Les' cousins all have babies so it was fun to get to see everyone and let Eden hang out with the kids.  She had her first trampoline experience and L.O.V.E.D. it. Dare I say that Eden loves most things. 
Jarom would jump and bounce Eden and she just screamed at him in delight.  It was very fun!

That same weekend a friend of ours had a party for her little girl Marlee.  She was turning two and she rented a jump house with an attached waterslide.  We came ready to get our slide on but after watching all the little kids pumpel each other trying to get up the ladder we decided it was best if we stayed as far away from the jump house as possible...maybe next year.  However, at the party she had snow cones and Eden was in love.  At first she was a little skeptical and had to keep looking at me to see if it was "OK"
Once she tasted the syrup, she was all in!
notice how her face is getting more and more red.  It isn't because the snowcone was red it was because her face was FREEZING! If I tried to take the snow cone away, she screamed (as per usual)
On Tuesday, Eden went to spend the day with her Pa.  Eden has a special place in her heart for her Pa.  If he's around she wants nothing to do anyone else, including me (which is great for me).  I had to get CPR certified for school and so my dad came down and we went to lunch at Happy Summo (delic) and then he took her back to Ogden with him.  Once my class was done I headed that way.  When I arrived this is how I found her.
literally swimming in the pool.  It's an understatement to say that my child loves the water.  She lives to be in the water. Look at that face!
This is her face right before she squeeled in delight.  The water was a little cold, but I couldn't get her out.  It wasn't until her lips turned purple that I MADE her get out which was followed by a tantrum...go figure.

Wednesday was Ever's 2nd birthday and so my services were enlisted by Marcia to get the party ready.  I know I don't need to explain to you all how our family does it so I'll just get right to it.  The theme was "horseys" since Ever is OBSESSSSED with them (according to Brennen)

My dad came over Wednesday morning and took Ever on her special day activity just her and Pa.  Now, if you know Brennen then you know it's a rare occasion that Brennen lets my dad go anywhere without him, but I guess since it was Ever's birthday Brennen was okay with him taking just her.  Here she is all ready to spend the day with her Pa.
He was going to take her swimming.  She was still not fully awake and I couldn't get a smile out of her for the life of me.

Anyway, back to the decor....
Marcia and I attempted to make some horsey cupcakes but after a few choice words and Marcia putting herself in a time out...this was the best we could do.
Noticed I didn't get to close and this is the only picture I took.  Not a proud moment for us...to say the least!  Marcia has sworn off cupcakes since they literally drive her bonkers....We will just have to see what happens when Brennen's birthday rolls around in 3 months...

After a delicous dinner of taco salads, we headed outside to let Ever open her presents.  She was a little nervous with all the attention so it was slow going.
Tracy had to step in and be the official present opener. 
If the present had a horse in it she wouldn't put it down.  It had to be on her lap when she opened the next gift...
Then came the moment we (or I) had been waiting for.  Ever opening MY gift.
with a little help from Brennen and Bennett.
yup that's a GIANT plastic horse.  I saw it at Target and couldn't resist.  After demanding we get it out of the box...Ever promptly did this...
because she can!

Here is the other awesome gift Ever got.  I am totally getting this for Eden....
How freaking cool is this bike?  Totally jealous and I'm 25!  Brennen even got in on the present action.
It was an early birthday gift for him but I think he was stoked!  Where was my child during all the shananagins? Oh here...
oh just here...in the water.  Happy as can be.  Guess that means a trip to Target for a kiddie pool is knocking on my door.  Now it's up to the cabin to prepare for the big 24th weekend.  Happy Weekend everyone!

2 comments:

The Wilson Family said...

Nice post, totally dig it. And I do swear off cupcakes for the next year!! Autbot and Decepticon symbol cupcakes would be easy though. Swearin em off!

Megan said...

LOVED it. Your kid is too freaking cute. At least kiddie pools are pretty cheap. I should probably bust mine our for Miss Anna. But then I might have to supervise and who would want that?! lol.