Tuesday, July 27, 2010

What Day is it?!

Wednesday, July 21st:
Today was Marcia's birthday and I told her if she came down to see my house I would make her a FABULOUS birthday lunch...and so, what did I do?  Oh, just busted out the awesome!
I made a deliciable afternoon lunch.  Just a salad you say?...oh no no no my friends, not just any salad.  That is a home made Winger's sticky finger salad.
That is deliciousness in a bowl!  Happy Birthday Marcia!

After our awesome lunch we were on the hunt for a perfect birthday cupcake, but alas, we couldn't find one and time ran out cuz I had to head to the cabin for the big 24th weekend.  So I sent Marcia home without her birthday cupcake (which I now owe her).  She did, however, stop by a Paradise bakery on the way home and got herself some yummy birthday cookies. 

So it was off to the cabinfor us to enjoy a long weekend.
Eden and I had fun on the way up...
sometimes it's hard for me to go up to the cabin cuz Eden hates sleeping in the pack-n-play. That night when we put her down, she was mashing her face against the side and yelling "DA!" (dad).  Les and I were rolling, we were laughing so hard. 
she thought she was pretty funny too!
needless to say, we had a hard time getting her to go to bed!
Thursday, July 22nd:
Today most of the day was spent just hanging out.  We had no real agdena but to relax.  Les spend almost 8 hours (I kid you not) in the creek getting it ready for the kids.  I, on the other hand, pretty much just kicked it in the living room all day. I think Eden was getting bored of me and was very happy to see her dad emerge from the creek
"Hey, where you been dad?!"
Eden loving her gerber stars...isn't she so cute?!  I think so!
"enough with the pictures already!"
Friday, July 23rd:
Today all the cousins came up and we got to play in the creek ALL day with them.  The kids LOVED how Les transformed the creek into a water park.
Here's Eden going for a ride.  Les built up the river, using rocks, to create a little tunnel down the middle of the creek which opened up to a big pool/dam for the kids to play it.  The kids would go shooting down the creek where an adult would catch them and push them to the side.  The kids LOVED it!

Eden getting ready for launch
waving on her way down...
just enjoying the ride
 She flapped her arms the whole way down and LOVED it!
Dad getting ready to catch her
getting pushed to the side
"Is it over already?!"
waiting to go again...
Once she had her fill of the creek (and I was tired of her eating the rocks)  I put her in the kiddie pool with her two favorite cousins Kayla and Sammuel.  They enjoyed themselves quite a bit.
It was a LONG day playing in the water but can you guess how my child felt about it?...
BEST.DAY.EVER!

Saturday, July 24th
Today was the day we had all been waiting for.  The 24th is no joke to the Wilson/Rose/Rhodes family.  It's a big deal and all the bells and whistles are pulled out.  This year did not disappoint...

9:30am Getting ready for the Parade
Thank you Grandma Sherry for the perfect parade outfit!
Sam is Eden's new best friend. She just wanted to be by him the whole time. All the Wilson cousins got together to take a photo...can you find my child?
Oh she's just the one screaming!  She was ready for a nap and we needed to get this show on the road!
10:00am Parade
Lead by Grandpa and followed by the mass of children
Bronson had a blast waving during the parade...check out that face!
Coming on back...
11:00am Horse Shoe Tournament Begins
We only had 20 teams this year (last year we had 40 teams) so it was a little more low key but fun none the less.  I didn't play this year since I was in charge of Eden but we had a lot of fun!
We watched Dad play some shoes...
12:00pm Kids' Games
Every year they have TONS of games for the kids to play to keep them entertained while the big kids throw shoes.  This year I got to enjoy this aspect of the weekend.  We split the kids up according to age and sent each group to different game. 
First up...the sawdust find
They let the babies go first...which was only Eden and Sam but they found the toys right away
Then they let the older babies join in
Next stop, bean bag throw...
Eden didn't really get this game so we just watch Bronson have some fun.  After that, net fishing...
again, my child just wanted to get in the water so we just watched this game
Next, the barrel racing...
After each game the kids got tickets which we could trade for toys.  Eden got some chalk, bubbles, and a purse. 
1:00pm - 2:30pm nap + more horse shoes
2:30pm - 5:00pm horse shoes
After a nice nap we joined the crowd and watched some shoes
and more shoes
what better way to enjoy the day then eating cheetos with your best bud
We took a brief break from watching dad and hit the pinata...
Bronson took a turn for us
5:00pm Championship Game
After watching the kid all day I only expected and demanded my husband win this thing so I could get the winnings to pay for my day of labor.  Well, being the good husband that he is Les went ahead and made it to the championship game.
Dennis and Tracy came in 3rd with $20 each
Rollin' in the dough
Kwinton and Kaylen came in 2nd with $40 each
My husband backed up all his smack talk and took it home with 1st place and $75 dollars (which went promptly in MY pocket)
Wow! What a weekend.  It was so much fun!  I look forward to this weekend each year.  This is summer at its finest!  And if you made it through this whole post...bless your heart!

No comments: