Friday, August 27, 2010

11 months old!

So I've made it through the first 3 days of orientation and I even got a brand new laptop out of the gig...which was probably the highlight and by which I am posting this.  I feel so cool to have a laptop now.  I know they have been around for a while but I'm a laptop virgin and so far I LOVE it.

On Wednesday my sweet little Eden turned 11 months old.  Can this really be happening?  Am I really only 4 short weeks away from a 1 yr old?!  The concept seems completely foreign to me.  I swear I just had her yesterday.  I love her to pieces and can't get enough of her.  Here are some of the fun things I'll remember about Eden at this age:

She now covers her mouth when she is fake crying.  It's very dramatic and makes me laugh, rather than feel bad for her
She alternates between the army crawl and the one legged crab crawl.  She doesn't like to crawl on her knees, so she will either drag them behind her or use one knee and one foot to crawl. 
She wants so badly to walk though. She pulls herself up onto everything. When I go to get her afer a nap she is shaking the railing and screaming her usual muchkin talk
She loves to gabber gabber gabber.  She is quite the social butterfly when other kids are around.  She will smile and flirt and sometimes attack any small person within eye sight.
She had quite the vocabulary. Her favorites are: Dad and Dixie with an occasional Mamma in there.  But she can say: thank you, Tracy, Tys (Uncle Tyson), hotdog ?, love you, and HIIIII!
She now understands what "no" means and if you tell her know she will cry at you.  She does not like to be told "no"
Eden sleeps and eats like a champ.  She only has 2 teeth but she will eat just about anything you put in her mouth.  She is also really good at taking naps and sleeping through the night.
To my sweet little Eden,
Mommy and Daddy love you to pieces.  You make us laugh all the time.  You are so sweet and smiling and we couldn't ask for a better little girl to have as our own.  You are getting so big and we love to watch you grow.  You make our home a happy place and we always want to be where you are. Love you BILLONS!
Luv,
Mom

3 comments:

The Herren's said...

Cute! It is funny when they have a tantrum that we laugh instead of feeling bad. Love it. Oh and wait until your little one is almost 2. 2!! It's crazy how time flies.

Anonymous said...

Marie, she is beautiful! Her smile is so contagious! I love her crawl, that is hilarious! I can't believe it has almost been a year already. Time goes by so fast.

Megan said...

I love this girl. She is. Too. Much. Fun.

I am too, and still, a laptop virgin. Sigh. One day...

Hope school is going well for you!