Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

This weekend Les and I headed to Ogden on Saturday to have an afternoon BBQ with the fam. We also celebrated Mother's Day with my mom that day since both Christy and I would be with the in-laws on Sunday. For the BBQ I was in charge of dessert and I made 2 delectable mud pies. I was very proud of myself and they tasted great too! Man...my motherly instincts are coming out full force!

I made a Pralines 'n Cream Mud Pie and a Mint Chocolate Chip Mud Pie...delic!

My mom got some awesome gifts. Christy gave her a custom made mousepad. Here is what it looked liked.

She also go a cupcake holder from Natalie and a Shark mop from my dad, Marcia, and I.

Going with the theme of "Go Big or Go Home", I made my mom this AWESOME card. It even opened up to a wonderful, loving message. I think it stepped it up a notch from Nate's graduation card. What do you think?

My mom gave all us girls these too. I was totally excited. I think I could begin to like this whole mom thing...

Later that day Marcia and I helped my mom make these cute little treats for her nursery class. She was going to give them to the little kids to give to their mom's on Sunday. I think they turned out very cute! We Hutchison's are so crafty!


Tracy found these glasses and gave them to Ever. She thought she was very cool. Here are some pictures of her struting her stuff!


All in all it was a fun weekend. I had a great 1st Mother's day. I have probably the coolest mom alive and I'm so lucky to have her. She's the best. Craziness and all...I wouldn't trade my mom for the world!

6 comments:

Sara said...

I just love your family!!!! you guys are the bestest!!! happy mothers day!

Cpl Bringsteezy said...

Holy freakin eh I want cake! and pie and presents! We need to designate a happy Ryan's day or something, cause my Birthday got taken by a national tradegy, SO unfair!

Ulrich Family said...

Ok those little flower pots are so cute how did you do that?

Megan said...

Mmmm. Ice cream pies - definitely better than the fruit crap people put in them ;) I enjoy your mother immensely so I am glad she was spoiled on her day. You guys will love Hello, Cupcake! It is AWESOME. Just promise me if you are planning on making some of the recipes...or any other of your awesome creations, that you invite me over to sample! Mmmmmm.

Ever is so cute. With glasses on, she actually looks related to Brennen!

amy g said...

Did you know that my mom is stressing about what treats to make for father's day now that your mom has set the bar so high??? She got on bakerella right after church and was trying to figure out how to make them. oh lizard.

Chelsie said...

those pies looks fantabulous marie!! atta girl! and like megan said, you'll love hello cupcake! and i'm impressed with your cupcake pops...i get so stressed doing the ones on the stick, they're so much harder for me than using the candy molds, so props to you guys!!