Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Founder's Day Weekend

So I went to Ogden again this weekend (much to my husband's dismay) and celebrated Founder's Day.  We Hutchison's celebrate Founder's Day rather than the 4th of July.  This weekend was jammed packed full of activities..so much so that I forgot to bust out the camera in most cases but I did get a few.

Friday:
Eden had a doctor's appointment in the morning for her 9 month check up. Here are her stats:
Weight: 19 lbs 6 oz 70%
Height: 28 in 70%

My daughter is no longer the giant I thought she was.  She has been then the 95% until now.  Her weight and height is dropping off but I still think she's huge...

After the doctor's appointment we headed straight to ogden and it was off the the North Ogden Aquatics Center.  That place was a MADHOUSE!  It was packed! I didnt' take any pictures because I was too busy trying to keep my eyes on the kids.  It was Me, Tracy and my mom with 4 kids.  This should never be done people.  You need to have an adult to every child at a crazy pool.  At one point I took Eden to the deep end and unbeknown to me Brennen decided to follow me.  Apparently Tracy was yelling my name to let me know that Brennen was following me but I couldn't hear her.  The next thing I know I turn around and see Brennen gulping water trying to swim.  I race to him and picked him up just in the knick of time....needless to say, we won't be going to that crazy pool anytime soon. 

Once we recovered from the swimming we headed to my dad's work for an open house.  We were going to take a tour of the plant but Tracy and I got stuck outside with the kiddos and my dad wasn't able to give us two a tour before he had to go to work....so pretty much Tracy and I were trying to wrangle 3 kids and again, no pictures were taken. 

Saturday:
Started the day off at the Founder's Day Parade..ya!  We love this parade.
Here we are getting ready to grab some candy...babies and all!














Tracy and the babe
We got this fan and Eden would not let it go...she was waving it around and fanning everyone off as the temperature went up. (please over look the closed eyes)
 Still holding on to the fan...


















Ever waving at her horsies!














Right after the parade we went to Walker Theater in Willard and watch Toy Story 3 except that child decided that she wanted to be a demon and FREAK out.  So I pretty much kicked it in the lobby. What I saw of the movie I liked but I am going to have to go see it again.

After a short nap we headed BACK to my dad's work to get the tour we missed out on the day before and this time I brought my camera. 

Here we are getting some grub.
The kiddos enjoying some chips
livin' it up on the bounce houses they had there
Ever enjoying her snowcone
taking turns on the slide
After the Kimberly-Clark tour we went home and ate again at our neighbor's house.  The Barretts alway feed us and we love them for it.  After some relaxing and yet another nap we made some caramel popcorn and enjoyed the Founder's day fireworks.  Eden was alseep before the fireworks started and I just happen to check on her right as the first one went off.  Well, I have never seen Eden jump so high straight out of sleep.  I was glad I was there cuz she leaped into my arms and started crying.  Once I took her outside to show her what the noise was she became memormized and throughly enjoyed herself. 

Anyway, it was a fun filled weekend as always...love me some Founder's Day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so coming to Utah next year for founders day! this june gloom and no summer fireworks is killing me!
-natalie

Megan said...

I love it. Sorry about the race though. Maybe next year?! I love that Eden was waving to the horsies. I bet she LOVED that. And I have yet to take Anna to a movie because I KNOW that I would just spend it outside with her. Good times. Good times.