Tuesday, June 15, 2010

"Please don't talk to me now..."

Oh the day I've had.  Not only am I trying to unpack  boxes so that my house isn't just a maze of them, I woke up this morning STARVING without a scrap of food in my house....so off Eden and I went to the WinCo down the street.

I really wish someone would have told me to never go there alone....here's what happened.

I get to the checkout...cart, COMPLETELY full. I just moved in...I have nothing...no condiments or ANYTHING.  so I proceed to checkout....

I then find out that I have to bag my own groceries...really?!  Why did no one tell me this?  At this point Eden decides that she's exhausted (I mean we just spent an hour filling our grocery cart) and wants me to hold her...which I can not...I have to bag my groceries...so she screams...and Screams and SCREAMS. 

Then while I'm rapidily trying to bag my groceries, I'm informed that WinCo doesn't except credit cards...only cash or debit...honestly people?!  I don't have any money on my debit card...I'm trying to move into a house!  So I have to make a phone call to the bank...

So here I am, baby screaming, on the phone transfering money, trying to bag my groceries all while trying to avoid the stares and pity glances coming from the line of people behind me....shoot me! 

Won't be doing that again anytime soon...oh to top it off.  Somewhere in the mist of the chaos I lost a pair of $200 sunglasses from off my head and I'm pretty sure whoever stubbled upon them thought there day was starting to look up, cuz mine definately was noe....of course I called the lost and found and they aren't there...double crap. 

On the way out to my car a bag of chips falls out of my cart and under the wheel they go and...BAM they explode sending chips everywhere.  Well, that's a waste of $2.  After I load the car with groceries and screaming baby and try to get my blood pressure down, my dear husband decides now would be a good time to call and ask me a favor...that's as far as I let him get before I said "Please don't talk to me now, I'll call you later."  click. goodbye.

I was doing him a favor really.  Who knows what would have come out of my mouth if I decided to talk to him at that moment.  I went home, put Eden to sleep, and ate a bowl of Cap'n Crunch Berries...with food in my belly and a sleep baby I think I'll tackle the boxes...maybe

3 comments:

Natalie Hutchison Belnap said...

What is with today? I had the worst day too? You top me with the addition of a screaming baby but still my day was hell. Lets hope tomorrow is a better day right?! Loves

Mace, McKenzie and Stein said...

Thanks for the heads up on WinCo. I've never been there either... Where did you guys move?

Megan said...

Boo for terrible days. Though, I thoroughly enjoyed how you handled the situation with Les. That is something I would do. You REALLY were doing him a favor. I hope you have had some good days since. Love ya!