Tuesday, June 8, 2010

May/June Update

I have A TON of pictures to unload on you...so, sit down, strap in and enjoy the LONG ride.
Let us begin...
My sister-in-law is crazy...and I LOVE her.  She is always buying Eden the coolest stuff.  Here is her latest purchase.
It's a jumper...
GT people...that's leather interior!
Eden L.O.V.E.S. it.  She just twirls around and looks at it.
Thanks Aunt Jody...she's one happy girl.

Baby Shower May 8th:
Marcia, Megan and I threw a shower for our dear friend Reta.  She was in town from Canada and so we pulled out all the stops to show her a good time.
a little decor...
we had fun decorating...what's a party without a theme?  The theme was her nursery colors...
The diaper cake I busted out...
because I love Reta she got..not one, but TWO diaper cakes.  Plus, Marcia and I made all the bows that went on them....I must say, we know how to throw a party!
Here's the lovely lady opening gifts!  Little Maizey should be here soon and I can't wait to see the little gal!

Mother's Day, May 9th:
for mother's day I decided to make some cards...I thought they turned out pretty great, if I do say so myself!
The card for my mom...
the inside...(disclamier: I was using "ever" as in the adjective...not my niece...just felt the need to clarify)
we had a good old fashion Turkery dinner for my mom
we even busted out the 1st ever kids' table..which, by the way, was a COMPLETE failure.  Kids were running amuck...no one would stay seated...we may need to try it again in a few years.
besides the wild children...the food was delic! 
Here is my grandma with her Mother's day present.  My mom made her some eggs.  She like hollows them out and then dyes them.  I wish I had a picture of my grandma's face.  She was completely shocked.  I've never seen her more shocked or excited in my life.  We were all laughing because she just couldn't believe my mom made her a dozen eggs..
these eggs take FOREVER to make but when grandma actually says she likes something...you jump on it!
After dinner 4-wheeler rides were in order and the kiddies L.O.V.E.D. them.  Nothing beats riding around behind Pa.
For Mother's day Marcia, Tracy and I decided to make over the play from for my mom.  Here are some before and after pictures.
we had to come up with a design the worked well with green carpet...I know, seriously?
This is the main wall we did....I think it turned out awsome!
We painted the whole room a dark tan and then did this accent wall.  The frames will eventually get pictures in them...it's a work in progress. The chocolate brown is actually chalkboard...VERY cool.
This is where the grandkids can hang the pictures they draw for grandma and pa....I just wanted to add that Tracy did nothing...so this is all Me and Marcia...minus the help we got from Kurt

On Sunday we headed up to the cabin to celebrate with Les' mom.  For some reason I didn't take a single pictures of the festivities but I did get some cute pictures of Eden
How cute is she?!  I love her.
SMILE big for mamma...
falling over...
apparently my child is a kung foo master....look at those skills!

Ogden Weekend June 3rd:
This past weekend I went up to Ogden to spend some time with the fam...Marcia had a baby and Christy blessed Jaxton, but mostly I just relaxed...
we did a little of this...
and a little of this...
with a little of this...
made A LOT of this...
YUM!
Some how I didn't get any pictures of the new Ms. Clovi...I really dropped the aunt ball on this one...I will have to dedicate a whole post just to that sweet little girl!

Awesome Has My Number on Speed Dial:
After my post on Bronson's birthday cake I got a comment that went something like this:
Awesome: Ring! Ring!  This is awesome calling.  I have a challenge for you! Let me knwo if you are up for it!
Me: I accept your challenge!
So it was Daniel Barrett's birthday and it turns out "awsome" was Amy Barrett inlisting my help with her dad's bday cake...
let's just say I did it again!
it's his prized landcruiser!
Tracy was in charge of Hersey and she did it to scale!
The after math...
my poor hands...but it was worth it.  Anything for Danielson!
Happy Birthday Dan!

Jaxton's Blessing, June 6th:
On Sunday Christy blessed her new little boy.  It was a very nice blessing....let me just say that Mr. Jaxton is HUGE.  I thought Eden was huge but this is one big boy!
that is one cute shirt he is wearing....man, an awesome aunt must of made that for him!
Look how big he is!  The boy is only a month old!
The family pic...
and of course some shoots of my cute daughter hanging out with her Pa!
No crawling here...just straight walking!
there you have it my friends...if you were able to make it through this post....I commend you.  Hopefully it won't be so long next time!  I will leave you with one of my favorites!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

PURE AWESOMENESS!!

Nic said...

Eden is SO adorable! And I love all her cute outfits you put on her :)

amy g said...

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaannng...GT?? that jumper is sa-weet! thanks again for rising to the challenge when called upon. It was a total hit, my dad LOVED it! Troy ended up putting hershey on top of the landcruiser. he thinks he's funny. So I hope baby G gets one of these cool onesies. eh eh??

Katie said...

You ROCK AS ALWAYS! Great pics!

Megan said...

I love the 'awesome' phone call. You crack me up. Though the cake IS awesome. And I love that you clarify that Tracy didn't help with the super cute room. Seriously. You kill me.

Anonymous said...

Eden has the sweetest, most genuine smile ever. She is a doll. I am always so impressed with the parties you guys throw. You always go all out. I love the cute clothes you put Eden in. She is always dressed so perfectly!

Reta said...

You are awesome! That was quite the fantastic post. Thanks again for the best baby shower ever!Oh and sorry I didn't get back to you on the letters... I was in UT for Julee's wedding so I picked some up myself :)