Sunday, December 19, 2010

Miss Independent

Tonight was family night.  Les and I packed up our little family and we headed downtown to see the lights.  After driving around a time or two we finally found some parking and it was off to the lights.  I had so much fun tonight.  What a proud mamma I am.  Watching Eden tonight made my heart happy.  She's getting so big.  There were Ohhhs and Ahhhs and lots of gibberish.  She refused to let Les or I hold her so we had to box her in as we walked the busy paths of temple square.  Les behind and me to the right.  She was so content to walk on her own and swing her arms.  She sang the whole time we were walking around. I don't know what she was singing, but boy was she singing.

I kept saying to myself "Man, I love that little girl!" People would smile and wave to her as she walked by and she would usually wave back.  If someone stopped and knelt down to tell her hello, she would high tail it to me or Les and bury her face in our pants.  It was a slow walk around the block but I just soaked it up.  We would stop and admire the lights or an open window at just her height. I would ask..."Eden are you having fun?"  to which I would get a very enthusastic MMM HMM accompanied with a full body shake (that's how she shakes her head yes you know, it's not just up and down...it's head and torso my friends that sometimes causes her to topple over, but man its adorable.

Definately one of my top five favorite nights.  I'm so proud to see my baby grow and watch her be her own person (even if it means mamma and daddy better stand back and let me walk or I'm going to have a fit kind of way).  She's my baby and I love, love, LOVE this little girl! 

No comments: