Saturday, December 4, 2010

Twenty Six

Everyone keeps cracking jokes about how I'm on the downhill to 30 and that's totally fine with me.  I'm not one to worry about a number, I'm just having a blast finally getting into my groove.  This past year has been, without a doubt, the best year of my life.  The last couple of year I felt like I was in some sort of funk.  I missed the carefree days of being a teenager (and felt like I was forever 19) and I was nervous about what the future held. I wasn't sure what I was doing.  Motherhood has changed me in ways I hadn't imagined.  I finally feel like I know who I am, where I'm going and what I want to do.  I feel like my life is all falling into place.  I'm totally comfortable with me and it's awesome. So 30...I see you coming and I'm not scared.  Bring it on.  30 means no more school (forever!), hopefully a new little one added to the family and a wonderful job that allows me to be a mom and enjoy what I love doing more than anything in the world...raising my children. So thank you all for the birthday wishes and I'm so grateful to have some many awesome friends around me. You've helped me find who I am so thank you. Happy Weekend!

3 comments:

The Killer Bunch said...

I know I don't comment a lot, hardly at all, but I want you to know how much I Love reading your blogs on a frequent basis. Your entries have been so thoughtful and sweet. I love your guts!

Love Big Sis

Megan said...

Go Marie. I am glad you are enjoying life - as you should. You rock. So happy birthday!

And you should text me your address. Okay. Good :)

Jen said...

Hi Marie, that is a cool picture. I'm glad you had a great birthday. I always knew you'd find your groove. That was very sweet of you to add our button to your blog! Will you email me your address so I can send you a Christmas card? Thanks, Jen