Let me just start this post with a little bit of background. Church is hard, especially by yourself. Most Sundays I don't even make it through all of Relief Society before I give up and go home. (by the way, Relief Society is first) Well, one week when I was about to give up due to some crazy lady's toddler tormenting me, a sweet little lady just reached over and took her. She pulled all sorts of trinkets out of her purse and entertained Eden through all of Relief Society and Sunday School. From that day on, any time Eden saw her at church, it was a bee line straight to her lap. It didn't matter if she was sitting on the other side of the room, Eden would somehow find her way into her arms.
Well, yesterday while I was sitting in the chapel waiting for sacrament to start...feeling very proud of myself to have made it this far, that same sweet lady came and sat by me. I don't even know her name but she reached into her purse and pulled out a present for Eden. She even had Eden's name on it and everything. This sweet sister made it a point to know not only my daughter's name but she also knew mine and here I was this dumby not having a clue what her name was. Eden opened her gift and it was a little book about Silent Night. Once Eden ripped off the wrapping paper. she saw that book and hugged it so tight. She had the biggest smile on her face. I looked over at the lady and she looked like she was going to cry. She had a big smile on her face equally as big as the one on Eden's. I don't know she has any children or grandchildren and I could just tell that watching Eden open her gift was the best thing ever. Eden reached over and gave her the biggest hug and then promptly demanded she read her the new book.
I feel so lucky to have some many wonderful people in my life. I know I say it alot but I am. I'm so glad to have a sister (who's name I don't know) that loves my daughter as much as I do and I just needed to write a little post about this day so I wouldn't forget it. Next mission: Learn her name!
2 comments:
This just made my day! What a sweet lady.
Are you sure Eden wasn't just snatching things out of her purse though? Haha, I have seen her sticky fingers at work!
Okay so that post just made me tear up. I love that story. Who wouldn't love Eden? ;)
Post a Comment