Even though I had to wake Eden to open her gifts before we headed to Ogden, she was very excited to see what Santa had left her...especially since the night before her daddy told her she was so naughty that Santa shouldn't come to our house.
I love see things through Eden's eyes and watching her discover this new found love for wrapping paper.
That rights...a potty! Santa brought Eden a potty and she couldn't be more excited. So excited in fact, that she opened all her gifts while sitting on the potty!
What was her favorite present you ask? (besides the potty of course) that would be some forks and spoons. When she opened them she hugged them and tried to open the rest of her gifts while holding the utenils...do you see a re-ocurring theme?
We cleaned ourselves up a bit and headed to my parent's for the infamous Christmas Brunch and boy it didn't disappoint. One day I will cook a Christmas Brunch to match the deliciousness that is my mother's cooking. She has set the standards high. And as to be expected, my child was spoiled rotten...rotten I tell you!
If Christmas could be captured and put into something tangible it would be my mother's tree. It's happy, it's fun, it screams CHRISTMAS. I tried to capture my little pixie and christmas together...pretty much sums up my day.
I LOVE Christmas and all that it means. I love being around my family and soaking in the magic that little kids bring. I love that we get to celebrate the birth of Christ. Each year I think of Mary and what a huge responsiblity she must have felt to be picked as the mother of the Son of God. To raise him right and teach him all he needs to know. I think of her sitting in that stable looking down at her newborn son and I wonder what she was thinking. What overwhelming joy. What love she must have felt to be chosen and in a way I can relate. I feel so lucky and special to be able to be Eden's mom. I got pregnant right around Christmas time and so each year I feel so grateful and lucky to be a mother and each year is more and more special. So with these few days off I have from school. I am soaking up all that I can and doing what I love most. Being a mom to my sweet, beautiful and don't forget attitude filled little girl.
Who needs to get ready when you can just sit and put princesses up around your room to remind yourself that you are a princess, messing hair and all?...not us!






















1 comment:
I am pretty bummed that mother nature had to go and ruin our get together this week. Who knows if you will get another chance until May. Boo! Well, Eden sure is cute. I know I say it a lot, but I am sure you don;t mind ;) I love that she liked the potty so much. Evan's fave present was the pretzels in his stocking. Gotta love it.
Post a Comment