
One night while Julie and I were trying to find something to do and we remembered that Twilight just came out on video. Well, neither one of us had seen it in the theater so we hopped on over to Target and picked ourselves up a copy.
Can I just say....WORST MOVIE EVER! Oh my, it was terrible! Bad acting, bad filming, bad writing. Just overall bad. Julie and I contemplated turning it off a few times. If you hadn't read the book, you would be so confused. I don't think the movie would have made sense. One minute they are talking in Edward's room and the next minute he's scaling a tree....so bad!
Don't even get me started on Edward. GROSS! He is not attractive at all! Everyone kept saying "oh he grows on you..." One- I don't want Edward to grow on me and Two- he looks like an alien. His nose is all smooshed to his head and his forehead is huge! I felt like he kept trying to be dangerous and mysterious but it just came off as weird and trying too hard. He completely ruined my vision of Edward. I came home and started to re-read the books because I needed to rekindle my love for Edward again...

Here is my vision of Edward... yummy. Sexy, dangerous and gorgeous all without trying or gobs of makeup on.
And how weird was the sunlight scene? They didn't even do a good job. In the book it talks about how he glowed like a star or something. In the movie you could hardly even tell a change in his skin. Julie and I had to pause it and get really close the the TV to see what it looked it. Just bad! They didn't really explain any of his powers either...I found it all every confusing.
Oh and Rosaline...she wasn't even that pretty. I mean she was pretty enough but not really. She's suppose to be drop dead gorgeous and she wasn't. Here's more what I pictured Rosaline looking like:

I think they did an overall bad casting job except with Bella and Emmett. And you can't really screw up Emmett he's just a big, muscly, football looking person. Charlie was okay and so was Jacob but the others were BAD!
Now mind you...I went into watching this movie with very low expectations but I had a hard time watching it all the way through. I just couldn't get over how awkward the movie was. So... let's hope that since this one was so popular (I don't know why...) that they will have a bigger budget for movies 2 and 3 because... WOW what a waste of $18.
5 comments:
The meadow scene was nothing like how it should have been. And their kissing scene? What was with the heavy breathing and her being in her underwear? I still thought Edward was much more attractive than the pictures I saw and the baseball scene was like I imagined. I also am hoping that the next one will be better. Still jealous of your trip to St. George.
I agree the baseball scene was probably the best part. They did a good job there. What about the scene where she was bitten by James...was it me or did it sound like she was doing something else rather than dying!
p.s. James was probably the most attractive looking vampire in the show!
I completely agree that the acting was weird. I also did not like how they would zoom in so close to their faces. That would make the awkwardness even worse. I heard that they made a ton of money on this and they want to get a new director, but the question of integrity to the old one keeps holding them back.
I did love the baseball scene though.
yeah, i was really disappointed, the casting was way off and they left tons out. i'm not even going to buy the movie, because it was so lame
so over thanksgiving i went with my sisters, and unfortunately alan had nothing else to do so he went. i think he wanted to slit his wrist the entire time. it was one of the worst movies of all time. i felt bad for making him sit thru it.
Post a Comment