Friday, September 11, 2009

10 Days to Go!

So as many of you know, I'm still pregnant and hating life.  I went to the doctors today and she pretty much told me my womb is awesome cuz my baby has no intentions on coming out any time soon.  I was hoping to go in there and be 3cm dialated and 80% effaced but NO I'm 15% effaced and only 1cm dilated.  Ya know, I was liking my idea of having her on the 12th so that all the 1st borns could be a day apart.  Bennett's bday is the 10th, Brennen's bday is the 11th and Eden's bday th 12th, but that doesn't seem to be the plan for her.  She's pretty much taken refuge under my ribs.  When the doctor checked me she told me this..."Wow, she's really high up there.  She's just hanging out in your ribcage...must be comfy."

To make matters worse my husband is avoiding me like the plage.  You would think that him seeing me so miserable and uncomfortable he'd try and help out all he can, but NO he refuses to come near me cuz he wants her to be born on my dad's birthday (mind you that's 6 days after my due date!) What kind of husband wishes that on their pregnant wife?!  Apparently mine. 

Now I know I should be grateful that my baby is happy and healthy inside me and I am...but you reach a point where you are done and believe me I'M DONE.  Get this baby out of me.  So until she decides to grace us with her presence I'm going to be taking LONG walks, rubbing my feet and doing whatever I can think of to jump start this labor WITHOUT the help of my lame husband...that's right, he's lame.  He doesn't read this blog so I can call him whatever I want.  Plus, I'm 9 months pregnant and I don't feel sorry for him at all...just wait until after this baby is born.  Well see who's asking who for favors! (to much information?...oh well)

5 comments:

Reta said...

You poor thing. I can't even imagine how you feel, but I am sure that it sucks. Having something moving around under my ribcage doesn't sound like a good time. Hope everything works out soon and she's healthy.

Chelle said...

I feel for you. There's nothing worse than the last few weeks of pregnancy. Keep us all posted with your progress. P.S. Tell Les That he helped get this baby in you and he better help to get it out!! :) Good Luck!

Chelsey said...

Oh Marie-Ha. You sound so pregnant in this post. Can I help you with anything?

Megan said...

This post is HILARIOUS and that is all I have to say. I feel for you. I was late with both of mine and that was WITH a cooperative husband ;) I did EVERYTHING anyone told me to get them both out of there. I know it is hard to be grateful that they are still in there and cooking at this point so I won't try and give you that point of view. Are you still working at AF - we should go to lunch if you are. My treat. Food eases all pains ;)

Chelsie said...

ok i am thinking we really should do this lunch date...did you ever get back to megan on that one? I didn't go over with Coop, though I'm sure I would have had I not been induced a couple days early...as megan previously mentioned...no tactics work to get babies out of us before our due dates...blah. i'm so sorry for you though, it's so miserable at the end...let's get together and eat away our sorrows