Sunday, September 13, 2009

Nursery

So today while I was waiting for my child to come out of me I decided I'd make good use of my time and get the last minute touches up in her nook.  So here are some pictures of the final product. I think it turned out super cute and I was very grateful that my husband helped me hang all the stuff...at least he's good for something!
Here's the overall look.  I plan on putting pictures of Eden in the frames but until she makes her debu, they will remain empty.


Again, these are the cute letters my mom painted for me and my wonderful sister-in-law Julie made the bows for me since I'm apparently challenged when it comes to tieing bows!
These are the windmill flowers I bought from the craft store and painted myself.  I just thought they were so cute I had to use them.  I'm still looking for the perfect vase to put them in but this one will do for now.  Plus, I think I'm going to cut the bottom off of one of the flowers to make it a little shorter...still trying to decide.
Here's a closer view of the bedding.  I love this bedding and am so happy I got it.  I'm tired of the pink/brown motif that seems to be the only bedding out there for girls.  She will wear enough pink/brown so I wanted something a little different.
This is what's currently inside the crib.  My mom made porcelain (spelling?...what happened to the spell check on here?!) dolls for all of us when we were little and this was the one she made for me.  It's what I looked liked when I was born.  My mom matched the hair and eyes to mine and it weighs as much as I did when I was born.  I love this doll and thought it was a good fill in till Eden arrives. Plus, I told Les he could start practicing changing diapers on her since he's never done it before.  I have yet to see him practice but it's only a matter of time until he WILL change a diaper.

12 comments:

Megan said...

I love it! You have done wonders with the nook since I have seen it last, but I wouldn't expect any less from a Hutchison ;) Funny you should mention the pink and brown. When I had Annabelle that is what I had her car seat and diaper bag made of because I loved it and everyone would comment on how they had never seen that combo before. Seriously?! And now it is everywhere. I don't blame you for wanting something different. LOL.

Chels said...

Beautiful. I love the doll idea. Ty was super nervous when he changed the first diaper but now he's a pro.

The Wilson Family said...

Why do you insist on avoiding my phone calls, I haven't heard of how you are doing in days!! Well hope Eden is all well gettin in a few zzzz's before the big day tomorrow!!! Those are the vibes I am sending you.

Chelsey said...

Looks good Marie! I can't imagine how excited you are. The anticipation would destroy me!

Jen said...

It looks so cute! Hang in there. You're almost done...easy for me to say when I'm not pregnant, right? She is a lucky little girl. Good luck with the big day!

Chelsie said...

i love it!! i love the red and black and agree...the pink and brown is getting to be redundant. can't wait to meet the little lady!

Carson and Shelly* said...

Soo cute, you are such a little crafy girl. I also agree with you about the pink/brown.

Allison said...

Is that your weber soccer bear? The one we got after our last soccer season? haha thats funny i need to find mine.

Chelsey said...

I vote atleast one more belly shot!

Chelsey said...

I got the movies on KSL classifieds. Rather than spend 100 on something I wasn't sure he'd love, I spent 45. I'm kind of a bargain shopper (which in code means I'm cheap).

Anonymous said...

The room looks perfect! Everything is so matchy matchy! I love it and you're right... it is nice to see some different colors in a baby girls room. I love that your mom made you all porcelain dolls. That is so sweet! What a fun item to pass down.

Shambray said...

I LOVE the bedding and the letters. They are so cute! I am so excited for you guys.