Besides the fact that my child has not arrived, I just had the worst morning of my life. I woke up this morning feeling great (which puts me in a bad mood right away...) and I have been up at my in-laws cabin all weekend and so I have to pack up all our stuff and get ready to head back home. Well, once I load up and get going I notice that I have zero gas in my car and I have no money to put any in so while I'm driving I'm trying to gauge if I can make it home with the little gas I have. You see, my husband was suppose to put gas in my car the night before when he took it to go visit his friend who has a cabin close by but he neglected to do it...strike one.
Then moments later my tire gauge turns on which means I need to stop and put air in my tires before I hit the freeway to avoid a flat tire or blow out. I've been having to put air in my tire 2 or 3 times a week for some reason and every time I take it get the oil changed I tell the nice man fixing my car that my tire seems to have a leak or something cuz I'm always having to put air in. Well, each time I tell him this he tells me he fixed the problem when I come to pick up my car but alas I continue to have to put air in my tire. So I stop at the local gas station and put some air in my tire. Well, as I'm pulling the hose off my tire the entire steam pops clean out of my tire and air starts rushing out. Within moment my tire is completely flat with no way for me to put/keep air in my tire....strike two!
I get in my car (mind you I have my dog with me) and I go to call Les and lo and behold my phone is completely dead. I just got a new phone and I don't have a car charger yet so I have no way of calling Les to tell him what happened. Plus I'm in Kamas and there is no one I can call. His parents, along with him are all at work in Salt Lake and my phone is dead....GREAT! strike three I've officially lost it!
So I walk into the gas station and I ask the lady at the counter if I can use a phone. She tells me only if its a local call. Well, who the devil am I going to call in Kamas?! and besides I don't know anyone's number cuz they are all saved on my phone...which is dead. So I tell her what happened and she tells me there is a auto body shop down the road where someone can help me out. I ask her how far away is it...cuz my car has a completely flat tire, I'm 10 months pregnant and I have my dog in the car. She so kindly offers to call the guy and ask if he would come to the gas station and help me out....wow that would be great. Thanks!
A nice man shows up to the gas station and tells me that there's nothing he can do to fix my tire and that I need to go to a tire shop and get a new steam (or whatever they are called) put into my tire. I tell him that I don't live here and I need to get back to Salt Lake so what can I do? He tells me he'll have to put my spare on so I can get to a tire shop....awesome thanks! So the kind man changes my tire for me and reminds me that I can't go over 50 mph but it should be able to make it home on the spare. I thank him a ton for helping me out and he leaves.
As I get in my car to make the LONG journey home I realize that I'm never going to make it home going 50 mph with the little gas that I have so I stop at the gas pump (where gas is like 10 cents higher than normal cuz I'm in the mountains) and put some gas on my credit card cursing my husband the whole time. Thank heavens I have my credit card. I finally start my journey home. It takes me a little over 2 hours to get home since I live in freaking Herriman and I can only go 50 mph on the freeway while I get scuzed and flipped off for going so slow....
Dear Fellow Utah Drivers,
I am in the far right lane with my hazards on for a reason! If you weren't paying attention as you approached me to see that my hazards are on and that I'm clearly going slower than the rest of traffic and you fail to get over so you have to slow down...that is your own fault. I don't appreciate being honked at or scuzed at because you are the idiot who wasn't paying attention.
Sincerely,
The Over-Due Pregnant Lady
So I finally make it home and by this time I want out of the car and away from human civilization but I need to get my tire fixed cuz I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow and I'd rather avoid another freeway experience. So I call the Nissian dealership where I take my car and tell them what happened. They tell me it could either cost $5 to fix or $200 to fix depending on how the thing is broke. I ask them if my tire is under warrantee or anything and they tell me no because I can't prove that I didn't break it myself. FANTASTIC! Wow I love dealing with car people. They are always so lovely. So now I sit here and wait for my husband to come home from work because if I go to the car place by myself and have to deal with one more person I might have a melt down and kill someone so I will let my husband do it...
I guess on the bright side, with all of this mayhem I'm pretty sure my blood pressure is just about boiling so maybe tomorrow when I go to the doctors they will induce me because it's so high...here's to hoping!
7 comments:
That IS a pretty good story Marie. I am sorry about all the bad luck, but it sounds like you met some nice people on the way. Lets just hope you dont, by some freak chance, have Eden today. You would hate to have to tell her that her birthday was the worst day of your life...
oh man marie!! I'm so sorry girl! I know what you mean about driving slow on the freeway. The Landcruiser is only a 4-speed and can only go 55 mph so when I drive on the freeway people scuz and honk, and I just blow them off. It's not like I'm in the fast lane, SHEESH!! I hope you have your little babes soon!!
Oh boy! Whatch out Les. Doesn't he know the last thing he wants to do it tick off a pregnant lady. I am sorry that is horrid. Good luck at the doctors tomorrow.
oops. watch.
Oh sucky day, but that will make everday look just a little bit better.
Sorry you are overdue, I hope she comes soon. In Eden's defence she is probably just afraid. I know I was, my mom was overdue for weeks. I just was too afraid to come out. You should talk to her and tell her how much cooler it is on the outside of your body.
Man. What a day! Maybe you should tell your doctor this story and turn on the water works so she will induce you. LOL.
on the bright side you now have your sweet little girl!! that is a pretty good story....kind of one of those when it rains it pours situations...i'm so sorry!
Post a Comment