Tuesday, September 1, 2009

37 weeks and an Ultrasound

So on Thursday last week I went to the doctor for my 36 week checkup.  The doctor measured by belly and I was only measuring 30cm, which is 3cm less than I was measuring the week before so she was a little concerned that I was either losing fluid or the baby wasn't getting enough nutrients from my placenta.  So I was sent over to the women's center to get an ultrasound.  I wasn't able to get in for an ultrasound that day so I had to come back the next day.  On Friday afternoon I had an ultrasound done and the technician told me all looked well.  My fluid was within normal range and miss Eden was an estimated 6lbs 6oz (give or take a pound).  I was completely relieved because as much as I want this baby to come...I want her to be healthy even more so I was glad that everything was okay and I wasn't going to have to deliver my baby 3 1/2 weeks early. 

After the ultrasound Les and I headed up to the cabin to spend the weekend with my family.  My family wanted to have one last weekend together before Natalie moved to California.  It was loads of fun.  So much fun that I didn't take a single picture.  I have no idea why, I just never had my camera handy.  But it was a fun filled weekend packed with 4-wheel rides, wii tornaments, badmitton, fishing and lots of treats. 

Now we are just waiting for Miss Eden to decide to come.  I go to the doctors on Friday for another check up and if I'm measuring the same or smaller we might just have our little girl on Friday.  So I will keep you all updated! Sorry for the no pictures

8 comments:

Megan said...

Scary. I am glad that Eden looks good and I hope she stays in there for another week to cook. Sounds like you had fun up at the cabin, as usual. I am terrible about taking pictures lately too..most of the ones I just posted someone else had taken. LOL.

If you don't have the baby this week we should plan something soon - or if you do, I will have to come and see this cute girl...and bring her the present I still have...along with a bunch of little boy clothes that Evan has grown out of. Yeah - he is in 3-6 months already ;)

Whitney said...

You look so cute! I can't believe you are having a baby in a mere matter of weeks! Good luck with everything! Tell Les I said hi! Love-Whitney

Jen said...

I'm glad everything is okay. Keep updating!

Chelsey said...

WOW! I can't believe the big day could be this week. When they measured Henry the week I had him they were only an ounce off. I've always heard not to trust ultrasounds, but I do. Glad she is of good size though! Good luck with everything.

Chelle said...

The countdown's on!! I'll keep checking back! Good luck!

Chels said...

Wow, sounds exciting. I'm glad everything looks good. You're so close to the goal. Soon you will have that beautiful little baby in your arms. I can't wait to hear the good news!

Chelsie said...

i'm glad the dr went well today...even if it means she is going to stay in there and cook....coop stopped growing the last part of my pregnancy too...which is why they induced me....it was only like 4 days early though...turns out a i had a tear in my placenta.

Shambray said...

I am glad the appointment went well. Good luck in the coming week!