So this weekend I went to my mom's for a baby shower and while I was there she asked me and Tracy to help her decorate for Halloween. Well...she asked us to go and get all of the stuff out of the bedroom that she just bought and there seemed to be no end. Once we cleared out one room she remembered she had more stuff somewhere else. Needless to say, by the time we got ALL of the stuff out and organized there was a BUTT LOAD! My husband, for some reason, doesn't understand why holiday and birthday are such an ordeal for my family..apparently he hasn't met my mother. My mother is a little out of control when it comes to holidays...and you wonder where we get it from?!
Here is the candy my mom bought. One might think..."Well, that's not a ton"...which no it's not, but this is the candy just for decorating...it's not even the candy to hand out to the kiddies. Nope, this candy is just to be put in jars and stuff around the house. My mom has yet to but the candy to hand out.
Here is one pile of stuff. Mine you this covered our ENTIRE kitchen table (and it's a table that seats 8) and things were stacked on top of each other. This picture doesn't fully grasp the amount of stuff on the table, just know there was a ton!
Here is another pile of stuff. This was the pile of halloween lights...that all. After we had taken these pictures my mom remembered she had even more stuff that was hidden away. The whole time I was pulling out all this stuff I kept thinking "Bless my dear father for putting up with all of my mom's craziness...what a husband!" So you may ask yourself..."Why in the world does one feel the need to fill their entire kitchen and dining room FULL of decorations for halloween?"...and I say to you "I do not know, but that's how we Hutchisons celebrate the holidays. It's in our blood and I LOVE IT!"
7 comments:
i hope we still come up! so i can see it all!
It is in our blood. Grandma started to get out Halloween decorations last week as well!
I think that it is great that your family goes all out for holidays and birthdays. My family is also a bit crazy about decorating. I think that it makes it so much more special.
Ummm all that stuff is for the Hoopla!! HOLLA!! It was because of the success of last year that she has tripled no quadrupled her supplies!
haha, oh i heart your family. i remember megan recapping the hoopla last year...and oh it sounds so fabulous!!!
Wow, happy Halloween at the Hutchison's! How fun. I love that your family gets so into all the festivities. My husband goes bonkers when I buy more decorations. Your dad is a very patient man.
That's a little crazy! I'm sure my kids wish I was like that. We still don't have pumpkins to carve yet. I am slacking a little.
Post a Comment