Friday, November 26, 2010

Man, I'm Grateful

I feel like I have a lot to be thankful for this year.  So many thing have happened and I feel so blessed.  Most importantly, I'm thankful for my family.  I feel so lucky to have so many loving people in my life.  I've been blessed enough to not have to deal with much loss and I think I owe a lot of that to my awesome Grandma Lola.  She has experienced more heartache than any one person should.  She lost two husband by the age of 40 and then lost her son at an early age.  It just doesn't seem fair that one person should have to experience that much heartache in one life but I think because of her sacrifice I haven't had to.  And I am indeed grateful. I honestly think that she chose to bare this burden so the rest of her family wouldn't have to and for that I owe her everything.  She is the quintessential meaning of endure to the end.  I am grateful for her example and I'm so grateful to be a part of her eternal family.  I'm pretty excited because my eternal family is TOTALLY going to rock. Can you image the parties we'll throw?
















...don't worry...those are just some freaking awesome gloves made into turkeys...my mom's a genious!













I know I say it every post but I'm so grateful that I've been blessed with the opportunity to be a mom.  I know so many close friends of mine are struggling to get pregnant and I feel so lucky that although it took quite some time, I was able to.  And to top it off, I get to be the mom of this adorable little girl.  Life is so good.


2 comments:

The Killer Bunch said...

Wow! I read your post to Grandma and she was extremely touched. I dido all that you said

Rachel @ Finding Joy said...

Those turkey gloves are awesome.

And what a beautiful tribute to your grandmother. Lovely.

Blessings,

Rachel