Monday, April 6, 2009

Natalie's Birthday & Early Easter

Yesterday we celebrated Natalie's birthday. We were a little late but that's what happens when you have a family member who has to drive an hour and a half to get to your parent's house. So we just meet once a month to celebrate birthdays. It worked out great since it was conference. We all headed over to my mom's in between the sessions for some lunch and then we watched the afternoon session together. My mom made Natalie an AWESOME cake. I was totally jealous. As you know, birthdays are big deals in our family and this was no exception.

She got the idea from a book from the blog Bakerella called Hello, Cupcake. That book is awesome. We told her she needs to give it to all of us for Easter.

After we watched the 2nd half of conference my mom put on the Annual Hutchison Easter Egg Hunt. We did a week early since Les and I wouldn't be up for Easter. Les hid all the eggs and did a great job. We had a blast finding them and as Hutchison tradition goes it was VERY intense. My mom hide $100 and there were 4 bonus eggs that had $5 each. So the hunt was on!

This is us running out the front door. Literally running! It was great. We were pushing and shoving...the whole nine yards. Fingers were stepped on, eggs were swipped out right from under you.... good stuff! I was the winner and found 3 of the 4 bonus eggs but Natalie found the most eggs all together. Man Easter is fun with my family!
This is me being exhausted after running around as fast as I could!


Natalie got some awesome gifts too (beside her totally awesome cake). Marcia gave her money to get some shorts for summer. They were "suppose" to go shopping together but Natalie bailed on Marcia and went herself. Just Natalie being herself. My mom got her that book from Bakerella I was talking about and I got her a totally awesome gift too. This is her face when she opened my gift...

Here is the gift.

8 comments:

The Killer Bunch said...

AAAAAAH! I can't tell you how excited I am that you are pregnant! All the prayers, fasting, and going to the temple has worked. You're going to make a great mommy.

The Wilson Family said...

WAHOO!!! That was the hardest secret of my life!!

Heidi said...

That's so exciting! Congrats!!

Danica said...

Yea! Congratulations!!! The baby looks big how far along are you? When are you due?

Jaclyn said...

AWESOME! you will be the cutest mom. when are you due and do you know what it is

Chelsie said...

ah congrats!!! i am so excited for you guys!! how far along are you? the ultrasound looks like you're pretty far! your early easter looked so fun! i really need to be adopted into your fam...deal

Megan said...

Yippee! Congrats. I am so excited for you. Now you need to do a post about how you are feeling and how far along you are and what not!

I love your friggin family! We do the same type of crazy egg hunt too and it is very competitive. I am quite nervous for this year seeing as how I am huge with child and can't run so fast.

I need to get outs families to only do birthdays once a month since we have to drive. We still have to make the trek frequently. Boo! Hello, Cupcake rocks! You all definitely need it.

Shambray said...

Oh my gosh! That is awesome! I got chills! I love it. I am so so so excited for you! Congrats!