Have any of you ever had the stress you've been feeling for weeks all of a sudden take home in knots on your shoulders and back? Well, that's how I've been feeling these past couple of days. I've been super stressed out these past couple of weeks and now that everything has worked out I think it resulted in some major back issues that need to be addressed ASAP.
I know I put it on my facebook but I didn't mention it here. At the beginning of this week I got the official letter in the mail stating that I was granted a deferment of acceptance into the University of Southern Nevada Pharmacy School....which means....that I will get to start in the fall of 2010 instead of this fall. I'm so excited that I got the deferment. I was very stressed out about this situation. It's very hard to get into pharmacy school, seeing as there is only 2 in UT (USN having an extension school here in Salt Lake) and it's even harder to get into a 3 year program, but I couldn't make myself accept knowing I would have to start in August and then have a baby in September. The thought of leaving my brand new baby with someone 5 days a week from 8 to 3pm was just something I couldn't imagine doing and on top of trying to breast feed and figure out this whole new mom situation. Well, luckily I talked to the Dean of the School and he was such an awesome guy he offered me a deferment.
With this news I was able to breathe again. Each night I would lay awake trying to figure out how I was going to juggle brand new baby, new mom and still help my sister-in-law watch her little boy. The thought of not accepting made me sick as well. I didn't want to miss out on an opportunity to get a degree that would pay well and let me spend more time with my family (granted I survive the 3 year program). So I'm sooooo gratefuly that all has worked out and that I will have a year off from school to take care of my new little baby. I can't wait for her to come and I can't wait to be a new mom, but most of all I'm grateful that someone up above has been looking out of me and providing a way for me to make all my dreams come true. I'm one lucky girl!
6 comments:
thats awesome. However if you really want to get a massage I suggest you save your money. I got a massage when I was prego and it was terrible. They make you lay on your right side the whole time and they cant use any presure. I was super dissapointed.
So I keep forgetting you went private and so I haven't checked your blog forever because I don't get the reminder that you've updated. Congrats on the pregnancy! We are super excited for you two. I'm also so glad that you got a defferment. You will be able to enjoy you first year of motherhood so much more now! Good luck with everything...we love you!
Marie congrats! I just read through your last few posts. I'm so glad the school thing is working out that way for you--being a mom is the best. It will be so nice for you not to have that stress. A girl--yea! She will be beautiful.
That is great!! It is good to be home with your little baby. As you know, I'm sure glad I didn't have to work after having Belle. Congrats at getting into Pharmacy school and at being pregnant.
Marie you are amazing!!! that's all i have to say!<3
That really is awesome that everything has worked out. And even though those 3 years will be tough - you will survive and it will be worth it in the end. Just be glad you didn't go through this stress at the end of your pregnancy - cause just chasing Anna and doing things around the house makes me want a massage - badly! :)
Post a Comment