Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Missing Moment

Sometimes when I'm stuck all day at school I start to think about all the moments I'm missing. I'm in school Monday thru Friday 8am to 3pm and then I pick Eden up from daycare at 4:30pm and she's off to bed by 7:30.  So really, I only get 3 solid hours of being a mom...which breaks my heart.  I admit that what I'm doing will be best for my family in the long run but it kills me to think that someone else is watching her grow.  I've been lucky enough to see some major milestones.  I have been able to watch her roll over, learn to crawl, hear her first word and take her first steps but she's growing like a weed and she's moved from baby to toddler faster than I like.  I got a few days off for Thanksgiving and today I'm so grateful to get to be a mom...all day.  I didn't miss any moments today....and it was heaven.















Even thoug she made a COMPLETE mess at lunch...I was so enjoying watching her eat it.  She says "MMM" after every bite and I was soaking it up. What's not to absoluetly love about that face?!  I could squeeze her to death!
















Eden is growing up so fast.  She's a busy girl.  She loves, loves to play.  She's into everything.  She makes me laugh all the time.  She loves to say "mom, mom, mom, mom, mom..." to which I replay "eden, eden, eden, eden..." 
Yesterday Eden was putting EVERYTHING in her mouth so I took a look.  Eden went from two bottom teeth to EIGHT!  She has SIX top teeth that just broke through.  I know once she has a full set of teeth we are officially out of the baby stage and it's only a matter of weeks before those teeth fully come in. It make me so sad to realize my little sweet baby is gone and I'm offically in full blown toddler mood but she's so fun and cute I can't wait to see what happens.  I'm so grateful I'm her mom!

2 comments:

Carly said...

Oh my gosh, Marie, you have no idea how close to home this post hits. I struggle with this exact thing. I have to work full-time right now.....5 eights....and it is one of the hardest things. I feel like i am missing EVERYTHING! I even get wicked jealous of Will's babysitter because she gets to experience all those everyday normal moments with him. I know it's only for the time, but that doesn't make it easier. Know I feel for you, I am going through the same thing, and I will be thinking of you!

Megan said...

I can't believe she only had 2 teeth until now! Well, I guess that is how Anna is, but still! lol. And then 6! Poor girl. She sure is cute though and you will hopefully look back realize your time in school went by fast and you will get to be with Eden forever. Right?!

And my mom totally did turkey gloves at the TDay table too. Seriously. Our moms rock.