Monday, November 15, 2010

Polynesian Cultural Center

The Polynesian Cutlural Center was by far the highlight of the trip.  It was pretty much awesome....it also helped that were were VIPs.

The River pagent was great.  They had each island do their tribal dance on this little boat. 

They ladies can shake their thang...I was super impressed with their booty shaking skills...



The first place we went was Samoa.  This was my favorite show.  The guy's name was Kap and he was HISTERICAL.  I was peeing my pants...and he wasn't bad to look.  I'll say that much.




They had a guy climb up a plam tree.  It was amazing.  I can't believe the can do that....so cool!





because we were VIPs we got to take pictures with Kap...after listening to the Samoa way of life I totally want to be Samoan.




After Samoa, we got some family tattoos....They were sweet.


Then we played some pretty awesome games.  If you were good at the games you became a warrior...if not so good...you became a cook...of course, I was a warrior





We even got arts and crafts time.  I had taken over camera duties to give Tennille a break....which meant I sucked it up at arts and crafts.  I attempted to weave grass but the lady ended up doing it for me...















the men did spear throwing while we were weaving grass....




After we went around to all the islands we headed to the luau.....

What's a luau without a pina colada in a pineapple?



Greg and Natalie went up stage when they asked for anyone celebrating their anniversity.  Greg went up with his cake (and wouldn't put it down...he was deprived as a child).  When they asked how long they've been married, Greg yelled "THREE HOURS!"  Followed by a fist pump...so funny!











After the luau we watched the night showed called "Ha, The Breath of Life".  It was ah-mazing.  So cool.
 
Click on "Older Posts"....I've previously posted pictures of the wedding and other adventures in Hawaii

2 comments:

Sara said...

that all looks like so much fun! i can't wait to see you all on saturday!

Megan said...

The mean throw spears while the woman basket weave?! Sounds a little sexist to me, don't ya think?! That whole experience sounds awesome - I am jealous. Not to mention, all this talk about Samoa makes me want to go eat some girl scout cookies....