Friday, March 14, 2008

Husband Tag

Okay so I haven't checked my blog for a while and I didn't even realize that Megan tagged me. I always avoid the tagging thing but since I have nothing else to blog about I'll do this...

How long have you been together?
We have been together 3 1/2 years. In July it will be 4 years. I think we've been together as long as Kurt and Marcia have been...if not, pretty close.
How long did you date?
Les and I dated 3 years before we go engaged and have only been married 5 months...ohhh
How old is he?
Les is old! He's freaking 30. We need to get the show on the road so that my kids won't have a grandpa dad!
Who Eats More?
Les definately eats more. I forget to eat most days...it happens when you chase around a 5 year-old all day plus carrying around a baby.
Who said "I Love You" first?
Ya know I'm not really sure, but I think it was Les. We were laying around one night and we started talking about the whole "relationship" thing and I don't remember why but I started crying (ya I'm a baby now) and he told me he loved me (which made me cry harder) but I didn't say it back so he had to ask me if I loved him and I just said "yeah". I have a hard time expressing my feelings. (ask my sisters)
Who is taller?
Oh Les is definatley taller....are you kidding me I'm like 5'3'' barely! Les isn't really tall. He's only 5'9" but that's enough for me. I can wear high heels and he's still taller.
Who is smarter?
I would have to go with I'm book smart (ya know I have been going to college for 5 years now with no degree) but Les know everything about the most random things. He likes to watch the science channel late at night where they talk about string theory or the universe and he just eats it up. Don't ever challenge him to a game of Trival Pursuit or Battle of the Sexes cuz if you're not on his team he will spank your butt!
Who does the laundry?
Well, when the laundry actually gets done I do it. Les doesn't have a clue how to do laundry. I don't know how he survived before I came around....and if you ever saw Les fold clothes you would die! He thinks folding clothes is folding it in half and then rolling it around his arms until it's done. I dont' know if that explains it well. I'd have to give you a demonstration.
Who does the dishes?
I made a deal with Les that if I cleaned the whole house he would only have to do the dishes and mop the floors. Les is anal about how the dishes should get done (like proper dish loading and proper rinsing) I just let him handle it and I just provide him with something to wash.
Who sleeps on the right side of the Bed?
We don't have "assigned" spots. Our thing is whoever has to wake up the earliest has to sleep by the alarm clock. The alarm clock is on the right side of the bed so I usually do since I get up at 6 and he's doesn't have to get up at 7:30 but it tends to vary.
Who pays the bills?
I do. Are you kidding me?! If I didn't pay the bills they wouldn't get paid. Les has no concept for paying things on time. He says he'll pay them but then two days after they are due I ask him if he's paid the bills and he's like "oh yeah...I'll do it right now." Needless to say I pay the bills now.
Who mows the lawn?
Les owns a landscaping business.....need I say more?
Who cooks dinner?
I would say its 50/50. I have school everynight until 9pm so basically we fend for ourselves. I try and make a nice dinner every sunday but we are usually at our family's so I get off the hook a lot. Sometimes Les tries to make my night less stressful so he has dinner ready when I get home from school which is sweet.
Who is more stubborn?
This is like the battle of the wills. We are both so stubborn it's ridiculous! If we are trying to decide which side of the family we should go to and if each of us want to go to our family's we usually end up going seperate because the other won't give in, but we are working on this and I must say we are getting better at it.
Who asked who out?
We didn't really ask each other out. We hung out a lot before we started dating so and it kind of just evolved to dating.
Who proposed?
Les proposed but not after a lot of prodding from me and my family. I knew he was going to ask me but I am very impatient and so he knew he wasn't going to be able to surprise me like he wanted to, but last year we were taking some christmas photos for a christmas card and we were posing in front of our tree and Les went to set the camera up but without me knowing it turned it to video (cuz my camera does both...ya pretty cool) and as I was staring at the camera getting my hair ready for the photo I saw out of the corner of my eye Les kneeling down so I started kneeling down thinking he wanted a shot with us on our knees but then I turned and he had the ring. I was pretty surprised but he complains it wasn't like he wanted.
Who is more sensitive?
Um...I'm not sure. I feel like I'm pretty sensitive these days but Les is the type of guy who you can hurt his feeling but you'll never know cuz he wont' tell you so yeah...I'm not sure.
Who has more friends?
Les definately has more friends. I think I still only talk to about three people I knew in high school (Chelsie, Megan, and....okay maybe two!). I wasn't really down with the whole high school (as most of you might remember) and I didn't make a lot of lifetime friends, but Les has like 5 different groups of friends that don't know each other at all so we are always hanging out with different people. He's just a likeable guy!
Who has more sibling?
Hello...I'm a Hutchison! 4 sisters and 1 crazy brother. Les only has 2 brothers.
Who are you tagging?
Marcia, Christy, Whitney, and Dancia

4 comments:

Chelsie said...

Hey, I actually learned a lot about you and little Les on this post. I like your engagement story!

Megan said...

Let's face it - high school was lame. Plus it's quality, not quantity of friends that count - and when you have got the Overmans...that is all you need ;) I loved reading this and learning mor about you and Les. You guys make a great couple. You need to teach me about forgetting to eat - sometimes it's all I can think about and that doesn't help.

The Wilson Family said...

Ok so even I didn't know all that stuff. I am glad you tagged me, I am starting to become convinced that I am not as cool as everyone else on the blog. Why does everyone have more friends than. Is this pregnancy making me be weird over stupid things?? YES!!!

amy g said...

Yeah!! Marie I have a blog and so do you!! Good, now I can keep tabs on yas! I linked yours to mine, I'm glad all you Hutchison gals have blogs, I miss my old neighbors!